Thursday, July 15, 2010

Miss Marin


Ever since Marin started talking she has said the funniest things. I know all kids say hilarious things, but when they're your own, it's even funnier. At the end of the day Mitch and I sort of "report" to each other the funny stuff our kids have done that day. Lately we've been laughing so hard over stuff Marin has said, she's such an observant, cute little girl. Here are a few I will share:

- She came home from church and said, "Mom, we had a story about Moromi (not a typo, she calls him that and I can't bring myself to correct her) and about Jesus and Mary-- she's Jesus' girlfriend." Wow, I was almost as proud at that moment as when we were at the St. George temple nativity scene at Christmas and she ran up and yelled, "Oh mom! There's baby Joseph Smith!"

- She and her friend went trick-or-treating in our neighborhood last night in their dress-ups. Mitch asked them if they'd had much luck. Marin said, "Not really." He asked them how much candy they got and she said, "Not very much." Mitch asked how much and she finally admitted, "none." But I think they scored a Sqeeze-it.

- Her prayers have always been hilarious. The other night though, she blessed "all the people who tell her she sings beautiful."

That's all I can think of right now and Kate just woke up for the day so I better get her. Probably my favorite part of the day is getting Kate after she wakes up because she's so happy to see me. So I'll get to it....

6 comments:

Avree said...

I'll have to remember to tell Marin how beautiful she sings more often. I love that little redhead!

Bill and Emily Grant said...

cute cute! I love the cute things Miss Marin says!

Unknown said...

Joshua told me one day that he knew why people wore special suits when they go down into the sewers. "Because when people get baptized and their sins get washed off into the water it all goes down the drain. The people that go down in the sewer to want to get people's sins on them." Nothing like kids to tell you like it really is.

Unknown said...

O.K. typo--I ment the people that go down in the sewer don't want to get peoples sins on them.

Dimond Blogger said...

Those are hillarious Cara. I was trying to tell Kyle about the baby Joseph Smith and I couldn't tell him because I started laughing before I finished. Thanks for sharing.

Callie and Jaren said...

You forgot to put when Marin randomly prayed for all of the people in Alaska!