Monday, June 11, 2012

Oneida Narrows

Well we braved the woods of Idaho and camped for a night up in the Oneida Narrows area. We invited Mitch's brother and family and a great time was had by all. I was a wuss and got cold and sore from sleeping on the hard ground, but the kids did better than I thought they would. We brought our boat up and boated on Friday evening, then of course roasted hot dogs and marshmallows for dinner. The next day we fished a little and let the kids play, then packed up and headed home. I think camping is one of those things that is a lot of work for the adults, but kids love it :) One night was perfect for our little family. I hope to make it a summer tradition!

Andrew likes to sit on Mitch's lap and "drive" the boat (and Avree I didn't crop my weird face in the background off just for your personal enjoyment)
The lake was so beautiful!
Marin found this caterpillar and played with it for awhile. Then when she got bored of it she made a big to-do about deciding to let it be free
Mitch slept with Andrew in this little tent
My two little blondies
Mmm, sausage, bacon, and pancakes cooked in their grease! Camping breakfasts are the best!
Kate and her little cousin

2 comments:

Avree said...

Haha love your bitter beer face! I also love it that Marin made a big to-do about releasing her caterpillar, how did you get such a drama queen?! I'm glad you guys had fun!

Jesika Harmon said...

Couldn't agree more...and it's because the kids love it so much that we do it right?! Looked so fun!