Saturday, April 13, 2013

Marin turns 7!

April is our family's birthday month. Three of our family members have their birthdays during April. This year I Marin wanted to have a Candy Land themed party. It was a lot of fun! I spent quite a bit of time on Pinterest searching for ideas and I was not disappointed. Although sometimes I cannot believe how out of control some moms get with their kids' birthday parties! Some people must spend thousands of dollars (and probably that many hours) on a birthday party. But that is a subject for it's own post. So the best part of the party was the life-sized Candy Land game. We used construction paper as game squares and set up a course in the basement. There were special squares that kids got to pick a small candy if they passed, but if they landed right on it they got a candy bar. It turned out even better than I expected!

The invites.. sorry bad picture. They were cuter in real life...
The cake. I actually made this one myself because it didn't require much skill. Just candy-placing skills. Marin was so thrilled. She said she didn't think a professional could have made a better cake! Ha!
I did have to apologize to their parents about the enormous amounts of candy that I sent home with their children. I had them put it all into cute little boxes so their parents could be in charge of how much they ate (or didn't eat ha ha). We have the cutest girls in our neighborhood and I was amazed at how polite everyone was! What a fun day!

0 comments: