Have any of you ever shopped the after-Christmas sales? It's insane! I had to get a new fake Christmas tree and ornaments so I braved the masses the day after Christmas in order to get a good deal. After I found the tree of my dreams, I commenced looking for ornaments. Where else would I go, but Tai Pan Trading? It's new in St. George and everything was 50% off. It was a madhouse in the store. The lines were hours long, but I needed my ornaments! What good is a tree without them? Avree went with me and got in line while I shopped. 45 minutes later, she was still in line and I had my cart chucked full of ornaments. Marin was getting restless. I carried her around with me for quite awhile, but then decided to let her run around on the ground for awhile. She was in heaven, running from one thing to the next, touching but not grabbing! It was a miracle! All I had to do was follow her around, easy, right? WRONG! She started getting faster and faster and I was walking quite fast to keep up with her. Soon I was running, and about 50 people were watching us intently because they were waiting in line. Marin made an abrupt stop, I made an abrupt stop. . . and WIPE OUT!!! I fell down all the way to the ground. It was just like sliding into a base, which I've never actually done, but without the base. One second I was up, the next down. Several people came over to help me and I hurried and got up, laughing hysterically. No one else laughed with me though so it was just silence all around. I quit laughing and said "I'm fine, just embarrassed." I have a huge bruise on my knee and my wrists where I caught my fall onto the concrete floor!
Friday, December 28, 2007
My most embarrassing moment up to this point. . .
Posted by Cara at 3:05 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Yikes. I will remember that story the next time I think about shopping on a big sales day. I have been wanting some new ornaments too, but have not had enough motivation to brave the crowds.
If it makes you feel any better, had I been there I would have laughed with you, not at you. I promise.
Oh no! I'm glad you didn't get hurt! Did you end up getting great ornaments? That will be so fun next year to get out your new tree.
I'm glad I thought to get on your blog. I forget you update it now....AND you'll have to continue to be good at updating since we're leaving...boo hoo.
We need to talk. I'll call you later today.
How did you not mention this story when we were just talking about my embarrassing fall, and no one was there to help you up? Where is the referee when you need him.
Post a Comment