Sunday, December 2, 2007

Time to update. . .

It is about time I updated this blog, since I haven't posted anything new since I created it this summer. I thought I might "back-blog" a few pictures from this summer until now, and then I will try and keep it current for those of you who might wish to check on the Moncurs every now and then. (Val, you can stop being disappointed in me now, since I vow to become a better blogger from this day forth!)

Since the end of this year is fast approaching, I will give a bit of an update on what we've be up to this year. Warning: we're not very exciting so if you are bored easily, please skip down to the pictures!
Of course, the highlight and ultimate joy of our lives is little Marin. She has to be mentioned first because our entire life centers around her little red-headed self. She is 20 months old now and she is VERY BUSY all the time. Seriously, she is above-average active, curious, and sometimes mischievous! (I figured this out while helping out in nursery and comparing her to the other children her age.) She is always moving and I am always running after her, averting disaster at the last moment. I will post pictures of a few of her messes below. She is starting to really talk now and her favorite phrase is "No way!" She just learned how to open doors this week, so I'll let you know what adventures befall us in the days to come!

One of our biggest excitements this year by far was that Mitch finally finished his CPA exam! After months of studying he finally has some free time. He organized a flag football team with the guys at work this Fall and had a blast-- those nerdy accountants even won a few games with his expert coaching.

My biggest excitement was definitely finishing my thesis. If you want an exciting read on the world of calcium and weight loss, feel free to check it out from the Utah State University library. I'm very sure you will be the first and last person to ever do so! I am still working at the hospital for a couple of hours a week and my latest adventure is teaching the weight loss class there one night a week. My favorite job by far though, is being Marin's mom.

We are very happy and love living in Logan!

2 comments:

val said...

Horray! You've updated the blog! Keep up the good work. Hope to see you guys soon. We need to get planning our Christmas party. Looks like it's my turn to host.

Anonymous said...

I am glad to hear you are doing well. Congrats on finishing your thesis!