Friday, February 22, 2008

Day of Love

Well my Valentines Day started out with a note left for me on the fridge that said:

To My Valentine

I sit at work, pondering our love,
Thought I'm still, my heart flutters like a dove.
How can I focus on this meaningless tax return,
Reminders of your beautiful smile makes my heart burn.

It all began one mystic night at the quilting bee,
After you saw my tubing prowess, you would my heartthrob be.
I turned on the charm and showed my skills,
To this day your sparkling eyes give me the major chills.

On this Valentine Day, love rages in my heart,
If my love were a match a bonfire it would start.
Instead of chocolates, instead of flowers, I've written you this poem.
Read it oft, when I'm at work, and you are home alome*.

Love, your CPA

*No, this last word isn't a typo, as I first thought, it is written this way to rhyme with "poem".

Now those of you who know Mitch know that he is not the poem-writing type. I realized that this was a bit of a joke, but it made me smile. I called Mitch at work to thank him for my poem, and he mentioned that he "may have had a little help" from a certain co-worker. I found out just 2 days ago that it was written entirely by the co-worker (thanks Tyler, it was beautiful), but Mitch insists it came from his heart and it's the same thing as buying flowers that were grown by someone else. I told him next year I want flowers grown by him!
Sorry this picture is a little dark-- these are some of the valentines we made for Marin's friends. The coloring and gluing are all done by miss Marin. We made sugar cookies and brought them to her friends. Marin loved using the cookie cutters!



We had a Valentines party at Avree's house in Ogden and it was very fun. We ate Papa Murphy's pizza and cheesecake made by Avree-- it was SO yummy! We missed Matt,Val, and Annie being there to celebrate with us!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved that story about the poem! Too funny.

Alleman Family said...

That's my cute husband... writing love poems for someone else's wife!! Thanks for posting... I wanted to know what it said. That's too funny!

Spring said...

Hey it's Spring! I'm glad that you found our blog. Your little girl is super cute. Very romantic valentines peom...I love cheesey stuff...stuff like that still gives me butterflies in my stomach!