Wednesday, June 23, 2010

A story about a patio

Don't be fooled by the title. This story will get more exciting. So to begin my story, I'll just say I love my patio. When we first moved into this house Mitch insisted on getting quite a large patio. Our nice neighbor helped us do the concrete work and told Mitch how to prep for it, but Mitch and I shoveled and smoothed out an entire dump-truck load of gravel in one night, and Mitch did a lot of work himself. I was sore in muscles I didn't know I had. I asked Mitch many times if we really needed such a large patio, but he insisted. This said, I've really enjoyed our huge patio. We grill all the time and eat outside and I was just starting to think about some nice patio furniture I wanted to get. I recently finished planting my hydrangeas next to the patio, and the day lilies are getting big and blooming. It's quite lovely back there. But alas, I won't be spending as much time lounging on my patio this summer because of this:

Yes, this is the lovely new occupant of our patio. Mitch was probably diabolically planning this the whole time. But fun times have already been had in this beauty and there will be many more to come. So I'll give up my patio for now.






By the way, we're still taking suggestions on what to name this boat!

10 comments:

Courtney said...

That looks like tons of fun. We are boat-people too in the summer. When are we going to see you up on a wake board? :)

The Strawn Family said...

Looks like fun!! I wish I had a bigger patio ;)

Nicole said...

WHAT!! a new boat! how awesome. I bet Mitch is so thrilled. All the more reason for us to move back!!

Nicole said...

I thought of a name for your boat while I was at the gym today. How about "My back Porch" or "On the Porch" or "On Deck." Olivia just named JaDee's truck "Flower."

A STAR is born said...

Well, there you have it. The American Dream.
I'm overcome with jealousy.

eric + ashlee said...

One more reason why I wish I lived closer. That looks so much fun. How come there are no pictures of you wake boarding?

Josh and Emily said...

Oh how Josh will be jealous of this new boat you have. I think if he could have one he would bag the house and just have us live in the boat (I kid...almost). So exciting!

Nicole said...

I keep thinking of names for your boat... how about On Deck, Princess Lolly (and then the girls can have Dum Dums stashed in a hidey hole just for boating trips), Sea n' Red (a nod to the redheads in your little family), Wake Up (get it WAKE up). That's all for now. I will keep at it.

Oh and the word I need to type is recddl is that like rectal?

Clay Prince said...

Looking at the picture, your boat has already been named, "Master Craft." Kind of tacky, not to mention egotistical, but it's painted right there on the stern and it's bad luck to rename a boat...

Jesika Harmon said...

You guys bought it? Like it's yours? How fun is that!! Hey we would be happy to meet you at Lake Powell anytime!!