Can you tell I can't find my camera cord that uploads pictures into my computer? I have pictures from our Wyoming/Yellowstone trip, 4th of July, swim lessons, county fair, and more, but they sit on my camera. No pictures in my posts because I've got to find the dang thing. We had a bit of trauma this weekend, but all is well. We had our first broken bone in the family. Marin fell off the neighbor's trampoline and broke both of the little bones in her forearm on Saturday night. After some crying and several hours at Instacare, the x-rays confirmed it and she got her temporary sling/cast. She was such a brave little thing and didn't cry any more until it really started hurting in the middle of the night (of course). But after that night, she's been such a tough little thing. We get her PINK cast on Thursday, we had to wait for the swelling to go down. Now I'm just trying to keep her from jumping on rocks, riding her bike, and swinging (all 3 things she showed me she is still able to do before I forbade her). I'll feel better about letting her do more when she gets a harder cast!
{insert the cute picture I took of her with her sling}
Tuesday, August 31, 2010
Broken Arm!
Posted by Cara at 7:39 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
oh no! That is so sad! I am picturing Marin in her sling and I bet she looks like a little tropper :)
I'm sorry to hear that, its always traumatizing the first time something like that happens. I'm glad she is doing better and can't wait to see all your pictures you have to post.
Oh Marin! (I as going to say Oh No until I saw that it is EXACTLY what my sister just said). We are so sad to hear about that! Those trampolines are risky I tell you. I often wonder if letting my kids live on the wild side means we are encouraging them to take chances, live dangerously and they will eventually live on the edge as teenagers and get in to trouble. Anyway, that is my rambling metaphor for wondering if I am a bad parent for having a trampoline because they could, break their arm. (PS- I am soooo sorry about bath time too. That has got to be such a pain).
Poor little Marin! What is her favorite treat? She needs some candy to help her feel better :)
Oh my gosh! How sad! I guess it will happen sometime right? I love her attitude though. She obviously hasn't been stifled by this major injury and still wants to do all those crazy things!
That's to bad for Marin. I've been waiting for a for a call about a broken bone for 8 years. (Since my son was born, ok I will give him until he started climbing-which was before crawling), and Katy is the same way so we will see if she holds out as long. There is nothing like seeing a child in pain though that melts your heart. I am glad she is feeling better.
Oh Man! I hate accidents like that. It is so hard to see your children in so much pain and you can't do anything about it. We just went through the same thing with Amelia, it is pretty scary. I know what you mean about making sure they don't play around too hard, but it is impossible to keep them from running, jumping, etc. I hope you find your cord soon so we can see pictures.
Post a Comment