Friday, December 31, 2010

Boy oh boy!

So yes, for you Blogger/non-Facebook friends out there, we are having a boy. Most definitely a boy, he was not shy. We are very excited, and thought all along this would be a boy. Mostly because I was so much less sick with this one than with my girls. When we first got married, Mitch predicted we would have all girls. When we found out Kate was a girl too, I asked him if he was disappointed and he said we could have all girls and he'd be fine. He really, really loves his girls. But when the doctor said this was a boy, he had a pretty huge smile on his face! Now I am trying to wrap my head around all of the boy stuff we'll need, since everything we own that is kid-related is pink. Even our Legos are pink. So here's to a little more blue around our house!

9 comments:

Avree said...

Don't worry, I can definitely supply you with lots of blue! Now I'm just excited for the little guy to get here!

eric + ashlee said...

I guess we can venture this new territory together. I think our little boy is just going to have to be okay with a few pink toys too.

Josh and Emily said...

congrats Cara! I am so excited for you guys.

Nicole said...

I am naming him Luke. Luke Moncur. I think that is an awesome name. And I don't think Mitch predicted as much as his sisters did:)

Tawnia Zilles said...

Yeah! It is so much fun knowing the best of both worlds. We love having Tanner, and he loves teasing his 3 sisters. Congrats! Hope everything goes well.

Heather said...

SO exciting! we are in the same boat... I thought we'd have more "gender neutral" stuff, but on further examination I'm wrong - everything that isn't pink has a ruffle or bow or little girly gather or something. oh well. we'll have to go shopping or something sometime :)

Nicole said...

CaMee told Travis that since the boys get his last name FOREVER then she gets to pick the first name. So I would say Luke has a fighting chance with that argument. Tell him to pick the middle. Luke Mitchell (lower case C) is super cute name!

Nicole said...

I would also argue that since the girls have to change their last name from yours that you get to pick that too. Silly boys, think that they can pick names...

Callie and Jaren said...

Yay!! The best part is, he will already be here when we get home!! Can't wait to meet him!