So Mitch had a little training in one of the most lovely spots you could imagine to vacation in December. That's right... Chicago! Okay, so the weather maybe wasn't ideal, but we still had a blast. The point being... NO KIDS! We dropped the kids off at my parents' house in St. George and flew out of Vegas. My sister Avree was down there as well to help hold down the fort. She has decided not to have any more kids forever, ha ha. Here are some of the things we did:
The first night there was our 7th anniversary. We always eat at a seafood restaurant for our anniversary and we were not disappointed! We ate at the best seafood restaurant I have ever been to called Shaw's Crab Shack. They gave Mitch this sweet lobster bib. The food was seriously amazing.
The next night we went to Wicked. This was Mitch's idea, he even got the tickets for me. It was at the Cadillac Theater and was way fun. The only embarrassing part was Mitch singing along so loud to every song (ha ha, for those of you who know Mitch, you know this was not really the case).
Of course, sampling some Chicago deep-dish pizza!
Ha ha, I'm not sure why I'm standing so weird, but I was so freezing I don't think I could feel my legs! Downtown Chicago is really pretty.
There was some great shopping, great food, and well, we just relaxed and enjoyed our 3 days there. Thanks so much to Avree and my mom for watching our girls. It was a much-needed little getaway!
Saturday, December 18, 2010
The Windy City
Posted by Cara at 4:35 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
how fun! we are seafood lovers too. i bet it was delish. happy 7th!
so jealous! I told JaDee that I wish your mom was my mom, or at least that when I grow up I can be like your mom to my own kids! She IS awesome! So glad you guys had a great time! Next time I hear Alaska is a great place in the winter Ha Ha!
That sounds like so much fun...even in December! It's always fun to get away, no matter the weather and what time of year it is. I say that because Nicole and I spent 2 days in NYC in March in the pouring rain and still had a blast! And we always eat at a seafood place for our anniversary too. :)
I'm glad you guys had fun. Good thing I love your girls so much :) Oh and you forgot to mention that Mitch ate 2 pounds of crab.
Ha ha, it wasn't crab it was lobster. 2 pounds of lobster with stuffed crab on top. If you're a seafood lover, it doesn't get any better than that!
Post a Comment