So my friend/old roomie Jen does this thing on her blog called, "Friday Confessionals" and it's hilarious. She's a much better writer than me, but lately I've been thinking in terms of confessionals and since I need a subject to write about besides kids and housework here I go.
Friday Confessional #1: I don't like other people's kids very much. There. I said it. Unless they're my nieces and nephews (family bonds must be very strong because this is a major exception to the rule. I love my nieces and nephews). I especially don't like babysitting other people's kids. I've never liked it. Even when I was 12, it was all for the money. Now don't get me wrong... it's not that I dislike your kids, I just don't particularly want to babysit them. I'm really not an ogre, I am always nice to my kids' friends in my home, and I volunteered my services in nursery for the last 10 months (and I promise I was so nice), but it was a stretch at times. I'm just not that kid-lover who is going to come up to you and ask to hold your baby. Or care about the cute story you're telling me about your kid that is not that cute and every other kid does or care what grade level they're reading on (again, exception to the rule on my nieces and nephews).
Ah, that feels good to let out. I think I will like this Friday Confessionals thing.
Friday, September 2, 2011
Friday Confessionals: The Beginning
Posted by Cara at 3:13 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Same. I'd be thee last person to open a daycare or preschool. I just don't have it in me.
Oh this is inspiring. I need to confess some more. I am with you 100% on this one. That is why I refuse to do anymore coop preschools in my home. I am an ogre. I promise I will never ask you to babysit :)
H-ha love it!
You know how I feel about this.
me too! I could eat my nieces and nephews I think they are so darn cute, but most people's kids I don't like. Which is why I refuse to go in WEEKLY to Olivia's class.
Post a Comment