Monday, May 7, 2012

My Little Man Went And Turned ONE!!!

Can you believe he had the nerve to grow so fast? With each of my children I believe the time has started to fly by faster and faster. He's such a cute little guy. We were down at my parent's house in St. George on his birthday so we had a little party for him. And when I say little, I mean it. I did make cupcakes though, and let him tear right into one. I am too lazy to upload those pictures from my camera. Here are a few things about Andrew that I really don't want to forget:

* He sleeps through the night 90% of the time, but still has to be rocked to sleep
* When I rock him to sleep he likes me to tickle his arms and snuggle him really tight
* He will answer, "yah, yah" or "dah dah" if you ask him anything in a questioning voice. For example, we will go through the whole family asking, "Do you like Marin? Mom? Dad? Kate?" and he'll say "yah yah" after each question. Then he gets this huge grin on his face like he's done something amazing.
* He can open any toilet lid and has been found splashing many a time in the toilet water. (I promise I have become a bathroom-door closing Nazi so he won't drown in the toilet or get some disease!)
* Marin thinks everything he does is golden. She will always be running in to tell me something I just have to see that Andrew is doing.
* This is my favorite: when he wants to get somewhere fast, he turns his head to one side and just crawls/charges forward. He looks like a swimmer when they come up for air. It's pretty dang hilarious.
* He is into EVERYTHING. He has 3 favorite drawers in my kitchen that he empties many times a day.
* He is the first of my children to figure out how to climb out of his highchair, even when he is strapped in tight. It totally boggles my mind how he can get out, but he cannot be left unattended!
* He loves outside more than anything. If someone walks out a door and he sees, he'll crawl to the door and just pound on it and howl until I at least walk outside with him for a couple of minutes and then come back in.
* He loves our swing set bucket swing and he loves to swing HIGH.
* He is a mama's boy in a good way.
* His hair turned blond!
* Sometimes he will flail around and shake his head side to side just to be silly and get a reaction out of his sisters.
* If Kate or Marin laugh he will laugh too no matter what
* He is such a pleasant little fellow it's sometimes hard to know when he's tired or hungry because he'll just keep smiling!
* I am thoroughly enjoying being a mom to this little guy (well, most of the time ha ha)! 

4 comments:

Bill and Emily Grant said...

I can't believe he is one! He is such a cute little guy! I'm sad that I haven't even met him yet! I can't wait too see you guys!

Callie and Jaren said...

He is such a fun little man!

Avree said...

We love our little man! You need to post a video of him doing the crawling thing, it is hilarious!

Avree said...

P.S. I can't tell if it's your ugly foot or my ugly foot in the corner of your picture.