Marin has always loved dressing up, princesses, and all things girl, so of course we love Fancy Nancy books at our house! It was only appropriate that Miss Marin requested a Fancy Nancy themed birthday party. Oh I had fun planning it. It was divine (that's fancy for very wonderful). Mitch was a little surprised when he walked in and saw everything I had made because I've just kind of been puttering away at making the decorations for the past few weeks (usually when Kate and Andrew are napping). On a sappier note, I can't believe my little princess turned 6 years old. Time flies when you're having fun. When I was setting out the decorations Marin said, "This party just keeps getting fancier!" That's what I call success!
 |
| The fancy birthday girl |
 |
| These were the invites. They came in these little purse shaped envelopes. |
 |
| They opened up like this. |
 |
| And here is what the invitation said... For those of you who are unfamiliar with Fancy Nancy books, she likes to use big flashy words and then explains them in parentheses afterward. She also loves French words. These books are great vocab teachers! |
 |
| The spread |
 |
| The cupcakes |
 |
| My cute mom reading Fancy Nancy books to the girls as they arrived. She is a teacher so as you can see, she was very captivating (that's fancy for interesting). |
 |
| More decor |
 |
| The girls decorating their pots. We potted some purple pansies in them after they were decorated and the girls took them home. |
 |
| My cute sis-in-law Callie helping with the manicures |
 |
| And the favor bags. |
|
Au revoir!
7 comments:
I love Fancy Nancy. I am an adult and want to do this for my next birthday. No lie.
Spectacular! I LOVE Fancy Nancy! What a fun party! I wish I could have been there! :)
Ooh la la is right! How fun. We love FN here too. I was thinking maybe Annie will want to dress as her next Halloween. Cute party.
I love it! A fancy Nancy party is a little girls dream! Hmmm...too bad all of Brooke's little friends are boys right now :(
I need a girl!! So cute! You are such a good mom! I want to come to your parties!
I am so behind.. Seriously, I have cards for these cuties of yours! Love fancy nancy! and wow are you FANCY with all your craftiness Cara!
Dang Cara! SUCH an amazing spread! Love love love it! Lucky girl! I'd better not show Bree any of these pictures though! Sad for the day she finds out what other moms do for birthdays that her mom doesn't!
Post a Comment