Monday, June 9, 2008

Bum Print

Well, I had another funny experience at the gym today. I've been thinking about why all my funny experiences seem to relate to the gym. After all, it's only an hour of my day and not a very big part of my life at all. I've come to the conclusion that it's because when I go to the gym I'm all alone-- no kids, distractions, stresses, etc. It's my time from 6 a.m. to 7 a.m. and I think because of this I notice things that are happening around me a bit more. Or it could be that I'm a clutz and the gym just brings this out in me :) At any rate, here is what happened to me at the gym this morning:

I was doing the weight machines and I sat down on a machine that had recently been cleaned off by the previous user (I watched her cleaning it, thank goodness). Well she had very thoroughly cleaned the machine and it must have been quite wet when I sat down, because my gym shorts stuck to my bum when I stood up. Luckily they are black. Then I sat down at the next machine and when I stood up, lo and behold, a nice big bum-print on the seat. It didn't go away after 1 second either, because I was waiting, shielding my machine until it evaporated. I made a nice bum-print on the next 2 machines I went to. There was this guy waiting to use each machine after me, and I really wanted to tell him that I had sat in some cleaner. It's like that first stage of pregnancy when your stomach starts to get big, but not pregnant-looking and you want to wear a sign and let everyone know you're pregnant and not just fat. Anyway, just a warning to all you gym goers, wait a few seconds to sit at a machine someone has recently cleaned or there WILL be consequences.

1 comments:

Makayla & Cory Curtis said...

It is so great to here from you. I hope everything is going good and lets keep in touch.