Another gym story-- not too funny, and kind of random. Today as I was doing my cross-trainer cardio machine there was a guy next to me on the same kind of machine about my age. I always set my machines on the random setting to mix it up a little (and also because on that setting there are always several minutes of super easy work-out). Well this guy kept looking over at my machine display and me. I think it's kind of gym etiquette not to stare at the person next to you while they're working out, so as you can imagine this kind of caught me off-guard. Then I started to notice that every time my machine or I sped up, so did he. He had to go just a little faster and harder than I did. The "random" setting really is pretty random (hence, the name) so it changed every 30 seconds, and so did this guy. This went on for 30 minutes until I finished my workout. When I stopped, so did he. Well I was not aware that I was in a race, so I'm pretty sure he beat me.... THIS TIME. Next time he is at a machine next to me I will know that we are racing and I will have my game on. I will out-treadmill, out-elliptical, out-bike, or out-whatever he tries to beat me at. Yes, racer-man... consider yourself warned!
Monday, June 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

11 comments:
I love your gym stories! So funny. Do you go to the Sports Academy, because I use to have some similar situations there. Yes, Hansen Motors is us. We really need to get together for lunch sometime. I would love it.
I think I know Savanna...Are her sister-in laws Carrie and Laurie? Laurie bought CaMee's old house and used to be in my ward before the big shake up over here and Carrie and I have boys in school together. Small world!
What a great gym!! I love all your stories, along with everyone else. Also, you've inspired me to get my act together and get my stinkin' backside to the gym, so thanks for that (and all the great, entertaining stories)!!
Hi Cara, I found your blog through Emily Nelson's. I was blog hopping/stalking, as you call it. I have a private blog, but if you give me your email address I will send you an invite. My email is tlzilles@gmail.com. I thought your story was hilarious.
Tawnia
Cara, he must have seen your awesome physique and thought "If I can beat her I am the man!"
okay - you've inspired me to be more aware of the people around me while I'm working out! One funny thing though was as a personal trainer was training an older lady he totally lifts up his shirt to check out his abs, then gets closer to the mirror and to my astonishment starts picking his face! I about flew off my tredmill! It was awesome!
How is it that you have such wonderfully hilarious gym stories?
Perhaps he needs the people around him to motivate him. What would he do if he showed up to the gym and no one was there? Sit on the floor? I wonder....... Anyway, I think you did your good deed for the day by helping this stranger through his workout. Maybe he should sit next to Bag Lady the next time. Madly waving his arms would give him even MORE of a workout.
That is super annoying! People like that at the gym bug me!
You are hilarious! If you want a swim suit, I would order it now. My favorite of the three you mentioned is the Roxy. You don't need me to order it for you, you can order right off their website, but would you put in my stylist # for the sale? It is 407. You might want to call and tell them you need it fast because I never know how fast they will ship something. Keep up the gym stories, they are the highlight of my weeks1
So you have so many funny posts on your blog and the only common thread is they are all at the gym. That will now be my new motivation to go to the gym, so I can have funny stories to post! Whatever works right??
Weirdo! He probably had the hots for you and was sorely disappointed when he saw your wedding ring. Bummer for him!
Thanks for finding me! I've been wondering what you've been up to. I can't believe you still live in freezing Logan-you are a brave soul. Good to see you're doing well!
Post a Comment