Thursday, October 9, 2008

The Joy of Motherhood...

Last night I looked through all of Marin's baby pictures... not necessarily because I was feeling nostalgic (although that has happened a lot since I've been pregnant), but because I needed a friendly reminder of the end result of pregnancy. Yesterday was not my best day. It actually started the night before, when I had to wake up FOUR times to use the restroom. My kidneys must be working overtime at night, and I'm positive my uterus is squished up against my bladder-- well, the combination keeps me up at night. Then in the morning I woke up feeling sicker than usual--geez, I'm 17 weeks along, don't you think the nausea should be letting up? Anyway, I tried to hurry and eat, but it didn't last long in my stomach. I went to a doctor's appointment and realized I had gained 9 pounds! I busted out my first pair of stretchy pants and noted that my arms and face are looking quite a bit fatter than usual...

So, I broke out my journal and read about when Marin was born and looked at baby pictures and remembered that the end result of these 9 months will be something like this:



And I felt OH so much better!

8 comments:

Avree said...

Oh what a cute picture! I can't wait to see your next little red head! (I'm assuming he/she will likely have red hair) I'm sorry you're feeling sick still, hopefully it will let up soon.

Bill and Emily Grant said...

Oh that picture is darling! Thanks for sharing... I need the reminder too! I'm sorry you are still sick! I am still having some rough mornings too :( We'll just have to hang in there till March!

CassideeT said...

Congratulations on your pregnancy! I am sorry that you have been so sick for SO long. Not fun! What a sweet little baby picture, as much as pregnancy is NOT fun (in my opinion) it makes it so worth it when you get to see your little baby.

sav said...

that's a good reminder for me too! i went to the dr yesterday and he is gonna plan on inducing me on the 20th or 21st unless i go sooner... i am totally scared, but the end result will be so worth it!! i hope you get feeling better. and if it makes you feel any better the last time i got weighed i hadn't gained any weight and then yesterday when they weighed me i had gained 6 pounds. in ONE week... i think it's all in my ankles....

Nicole said...

Love it! And love little Marin! I'm so glad I get to smoosh on your babies since mine are all growing up!

Tawnia Zilles said...

So cute! I love the end result much better than going through pregnancy too. Hang in there.

Savanna said...

It is so not fun being sick and chasing another kid around huh? It's a good thing that babies are so cute and sweet to make the 9 months worth it. :) You for sure get bigger faster with your 2nd. I totally noticed that with my pregnancy. Good Luck. Just keep remembering the good that comes from it. :)

shae :) said...

Congrats! on baby number two. I'm sorry to read your sick, I completely understand. I'm usually sick most of my pregnancy. And it's hard, but it's worth it.