Okay, after reading over my potty training posting, I realized I made it sound a bit easier than it actually has been. It really hasn't been that hard at all to potty train Marin, but there is a little more to the story. A few months ago I started letting her try going on the toilet. She would go pretty sporadically... at first it was a fun game, but then got old. Then I made this Tinkerbell sticker chart- where every time she went potty on the toilet she got a sticker and when it was full she got the movie. Anyway, it was fun and worked at first, but then she lost interest.... This whole time I was letting her wear pull-ups or diapers, never real panties. So I waited until after Christmas and put the pair of panties on... she had one tiny accident, where she told me she needed to go and we weren't quite fast enough, but that's it! In two weeks! It's not my amazing parenting, I didn't do anything special, it's that Marin was good and ready to be done with diapers. I still put a pull-up on her at night and about half the time it is dry the next morning. And she's had some issues with pooping in the toilet...I won't go into amazing detail there. She's getting the hang of that too though, pretty quickly. I seriously think it's because a) she's a girl, everyone says they're easier to potty train, and b) she is old enough and ready. I just thought every kid got potty trained when they were 2. That's why I've been stressing about this for months! But the more people I talk to, I realize that it's usually closer to 3 years old when their kids finally got it. Marin is 2 and 8 months so I feel pretty good that she's got the hang of it! It seems like there is all this pressure to get your kids potty-trained so soon, and I totally felt that, but now I'm a big believer in waiting and not stressing you and your kids out. But I'm sure every kid is different. Anyway, there's the rest of the story....
Oh, and thanks for the name suggestions. I like all of them! We've half-way decided on Kate Elizabeth, but it's still open for consideration!
Thursday, January 15, 2009
Addendum to below posting...
Posted by Cara at 3:46 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
i am so proud of miss marin! that is quite an accomplishment, and she will get pooping quick enough!
I really like Kate Elizabeth. It is just classically pretty. Oh and congrats on the potty training, having two kids in diapers would get pretty tedious.
I can't believe we are posting about pooping...oh wait, my latest post is about cat urine. I guess it is all fair game!
I love the name Kate Elizabeth! I have always loved Kate! That's great about Marin being potty trained! Whahooo! Thanks again for the...stuff!! You are great!! I will let you know if it works!!! :) :)
Post a Comment