WOO HOO! After much mental anguish (but not a whole lot of actually doing anything) Marin is just about potty trained. You know what it took? Putting a pair of "big girl panties" on her! Seriously, a week ago I put some on her. She said, "Mom, I will not go potty in my big girl panties," and she hasn't for a week and a half! She even wakes her dad up in the middle of the night and lets him help her go potty-- he's very thrilled about this. Everyone told me to wait until she was good and ready, so I didn't push it, and that turned out to be great advice! I wish every one of my kids would be this easy to potty train! I doubt I'll be that lucky... but at least I won't have 2 kids in diapers at the same time... speaking of, only 10 more weeks left and we don't have a girl name! Any suggestions?
Wednesday, January 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

12 comments:
wow, you are really lucky. How old is she? That is amazing, my sister would kill to have her daughter pody trained. Good job, youre a good mom. And for a girl name I heard one last night on American Idol I thought was really cute. It was Stevie, like after Stevie Nix.
My sister in law just had twin girls and she named them Kennedy and Cadence I thought they were pretty cute names. It is so hard to pick names Josh and I don't agree on ANYTHING, sooo good luck! I can't believe you are already that far along wow.
I am so jealous! We started a year ago and we are just about there but we still have accidents. I hope my next one is as easy as Maren! We are having a hard time with girl names too. Good Luck!
Congrats to Marin... and to you and Mitch as well :)
As for the girl name... I know what you mean. We have several we like, but nothing definite yet... I guess we still have time though right?
Good job Marin, and good job mom! That's awesome awesome news. That is so nice how well the timing happened as far as diapers go. That is what I am aspiring for.....only one bum to change at a time. I am anxiously awaiting pics of the little up-and-coming Moncur girl. I've always liked the name Jocelyn. That's just me though, don't judge me if you think it's stupid.
Whoops, this is Kara. I hate it when I do this. I don't know how Seth got signed on instead of me. He didn't read your blog, and he wanted me to be sure to let all the women out there know that he doesn't blog.
-Kara
P.S. Worst profile pic EVER. My husband does NOT look like this picture.
Wow! I wish Aubrey was potty trained, but she is not even interested. I really like the names Eliza and Emmy, and of course the other three that I have already used. (Hannah, Amelia, and Aubrey) Good luck picking one. It was really hard for us to pick our 3rd girls name.
Hmmmm.... a weigh in on my neice's name....to good to pass up! Well you know I was all for Morgan and you could still show up at our old ward to meet the cutest girl ever who also has this name.
Other back ups-Gretchen, but I will use this if I ever have an accident at 45.
Reagan or Jessica are JaDee's favorites. He also likes Kennendy but I can't get past that VJ on MTV in the 90s who bugged me.
I like Peyton, Meghan, Mallory, and Marley and Elizabeth.
Claire, Isabelle, and Estelle. I know Estelle is an old lady name but I love it.
I also like Ava and Addison and Amelia.
There, that should get you started!
And Kate!
OK OK OK. you can STOP the gloating... if you haven't read my blog in awhile you should check out how OUR potty training is going...
I love how you said "poop" on your blog. I'm dreading potty training, but the panties are a good idea. I love the name Kate Elizabeth.You should use it for sure! You could even switch it around a bit and name her Cate. Like Cate Blanchett.
Post a Comment