Monday, July 6, 2009

July 4th

This year for the 4th of July we decided not to travel anywhere and see what Logan has to offer in the way of Independence Day festivities. We were not disappointed. I love that July 4 was a Saturday so Mitch got Friday off of work too. On Thursday night we went to the Hyrum City fireworks. They were just Marin's style...short and sweet. Every single time a firework would go off she'd yell, "Oh mom! Beautiful! That's a [insert color of firework] one!" She loved them. Then the next day, our neighbors invited us to go along with them and try out their new sweet boat! Marin loved every second of it, she is seriously such a water girl. This huge perma-smile was plastered on her face almost the entire time:


Here's Mitch attempting a backside roll:




Ahh, Kate's first time at the lake. Mitch was so proud. She mostly slept :)


Then Mitch took Marin to Logan's fireworks show. He said it was actually a pretty awesome show, but Marin got bored after about 10 minutes and was ready to go home. Mitch made her stick it out to the end though. The next day we went to the Hyrum City parade since Logan is only doing the Cruise-In (car show) parade and I wanted to go to a parade where candy was involved. Sadly, Marin just didn't have that killer instinct I always had when it comes to getting the candy at a parade. She got like 5 pieces and basically ate them as they came. There were some older kids around her that had bags full. Too bad it would have been socially unacceptable for me to be out there shoving the kids out of the way to fill my bag...


Later that night we had a little barbecue at our house with some neighbors and let off a few firecrackers and sparklers, and whew!, that was the end of our celebrations! For some reason this 4th of July, I got a little more sentimental than usual about what a great country we live in and even teared up a bit when the flag passed at the parade and we all stood and put our hands over our hearts. I'm so thankful to live here! Hope you all had a great 4th of July weekend too!

7 comments:

Avree said...

Man it looks like Matt and I should have ditched St. George and stayed here! I loved all the pictures, I can totally picture Marin just being in heaven at the lake, I love her perma-grin. I'm glad Miss Kate liked the lake so Mitch doesn't have to dis-own her.

Courtney said...

I love all the pictures, you all look so happy. I'm glad Marin and Kate liked the boat. Brooke hates her life jacket and attempts to sleep but every time Blake guns it or we have to turn around, she wakes up. Enjoy it!

Nicole said...

I love marin's perma smile on the Lake. and Olivia said the EXACT same thing at our fireworks! Accomanied by a little shiver of excitement/ fear at all the noise. ps- you look hot in your tank top...have you been working out?

Bill and Emily Grant said...

Fun times! Marin and Kate are so stinkin' cute! It looks like the 4th of July in Logan is fun! I bet Mitch loves that Marin loves the lake so much! Her perma smile is so cute!

Melissa said...

FUN! I haven't been to the lake yet this summer! it is calling my name!

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness hello!!! So good to catch up on your life! It's crazy to see you with 2 kids too! They are so cute. I didn't know you were in Logan, how do you like it? You look so happy, good for you! Keep in touch!

EmRee said...

What a fun 4th! I'm hoping Marin will replace her ski pass photo with one of these water ski smiles after a year on the snow.