
Marin: Does Santa Clause live at the mall?
Me: No, but he visits the mall so we can go sit on his lap and tell him what we want for Christmas.
Marin: Santa Clause is really nice, huh?
Me: Yes Marin.
Marin: Just like Jesus.
Later that day...
Marin: Mom, I want 1-2-3 (counting on her fingers) princess dollies from Santa. And a Barbie castle and Sleeping Beauty dress and a Strawberry shortcake house and dolls, and a new kitchen and .... (it went on, basically naming off everything she had looked at in the Walmart Christmas thing we got in the mail).
Me: Marin if Santa brings you all the toys, then he won't have enough to bring all of the other kids and they'll be sad because they won't get toys for Christmas.
Marin: Well... I just want all of them anyway.
And lastly,
Me: Marin, Santa only brings presents to little girls who listen to their moms and talk nice.
Marin: (in a horrified voice) But mom, if I don't talk nice then Santa won't bring me that little doll that pees?
Tuesday, November 10, 2009
Marin's thoughts on Santa Clause
Posted by Cara at 6:58 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Oh my gosh I am laughing so hard at these! I just love the things little kids say! Too cute!
Haha I love it! Whatever motivates her to be good I guess!
love it! I had to explain to carter once that Santa has to use our money to buy things because the elves go shopping now instead of making everything because it is easier. That bought me a few years until he finally started asking why he never saw the elves in the stores when we were there.
Cara I love that Marin has the spirit of Christmas.....You should tell her that Grandma St. George is close with Santa. Then she has a chance of getting everything she wants!
Jaren
Post a Comment