Monday, March 15, 2010

Birthday Bash

Well Kate the great turned ONE YEAR last Thursday. I really cannot believe how time flies. It seems like she was just my tiny little newborn with a squished face and huge blue eyes. Luckily, she's kept the huge blue eyes. I think they're gorgeous, but I am a bit biased. We celebrated in sunny St. George. My mom is a school teacher and she was on spring break so I went down with the girls on Wednesday and Mitch came down later for the weekend (still tax season). The weather was so nice and warm. The grass was green, the trees were blossoming. Oh... why did I leave St. George? I'll remember during July. Anyway, on Saturday night we had a little bash for Kate's b-day. My mom's uncle died and the funeral was on Saturday so some of her family from far away happened to be down and they came and celebrated with us. We all had a great time telling stories that we've all heard millions of times and laughing very hard (standard for my mom's family get-togethers, we laugh the hardest at our own stories or jokes).

Kate really is my special little sweetie. When I had Marin I couldn't imagine loving any child as much as I loved her, but I love both my girls and can't believe how different they are already! My mom always says Kate is our "little gift from heaven," which is true. She is happy and smiling all the time, but quite mischievous too! Here are some pictures of our fun week:


Jaren and Marin blowing out the mega candle (we put 4 together)

Kate was fascinated by the flame. Sorry weird editing, but these inside pictures were pretty bad. This was the best I could do.

Kate liked her cake but didn't like getting her hands messy. She kept screaming about it! Wonder wear she got that from?

10 comments:

Courtney said...

Happy Birthday Kate! She is absolutely adorable in the blue dress.

Avree said...

I wish I could have been there, it makes me want to take a trip to St. George. Kate looks so cute in her blue dress!

Nicole said...

happy birthday miss kate! your card is on the way! sort of...

Brittany said...

I didn't know you had a blog. What a cute family you have. My blog is private so send me your e-mail at bransolp@q.com.

Melinda said...

Wow- one year already? I remember when you were barely pregnant with her at Ashlee's baby shower! Time really does fly! She is so cute, and looks especially cute in that blue little dress! So sweet!

Heather said...

I can't believe it's been a year. and Marin will be 4 soon! yikes! how time flies! :) cute pics. wish it was st.george warm here, I'm still freezing, maybe soon and we can all go to a park or something? Kate's shoes are adorable!

Bill and Emily Grant said...

Oh how fun! My mom said it was great celebrating Kate's birthday and that she is such a little cutie!

I can't believe how fast time goes! Amanda will be one year in a couple of weeks! Crazy!

Jesika Harmon said...

How cute is she! Happy Birthday Kate! Robbie loves that name by the way...would you care if we had a Kate too? :)

EmRee said...

I love that she didn't like her hands dirty. Genes these days!

Darlene said...

Oh how she is growing. She is such a little doll. I want to see her smiling little face in person but the pictures are sure cute.