Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Random Bits



I realize that I haven't been posting as often. It's because not a lot of anything new has really been going on in our lives. We're all doing great and having a nice winter, but nothing new and exciting. Like our neighbor's 2 week trip to Hawaii. Now that would be something lovely to blog about in the middle of winter. But alas, no Hawaii trips for the Moncurs. We still enjoy life though. Marin continues to ski every weekend with her dad. She got poles last week and is pretty thrilled about them. Kate is walking and tearing my house apart as I type. I continue doing all of those wonderful mom things like cleaning the house, cooking food, trying to entertain Marin inside while it's still freezing outside... let's see, my big accomplishment last week was getting Kate's and Marin's scrapbooks up to date (I don't scrapbook as a hobby, I scrapbook purely for journaling purposes... as in buy cute paper, slap the pictures on the cute paper and label them-- every so often adding a sticker or bit of ribbon so someday my kids will feel like I put a little effort into it). Oh, and I figured out how to make the most adorable little fabric roses for headbands and hair clips. I'll blog about that later with pictures if I'm feeling ambitious. Mitch works 60 hours in 5 days so he can ski with Marin on Saturdays. I trained in the NICU at the hospital so I work there occasionally now. We had a nice Superbowl party with the usual crew and lots of good food (pictures below), my parents came to visit, a little Aggie basketball, and, let's see..a few illnesses of course....and that is about it. Hey, reading over this post I realize it sounds like a Christmas card update. If I just would have added all of our church callings it would be complete. I will now post a video of Kate walking, for Nicole and any other family members who may be interested. Sorry it's so short, apparently my blog can't handle me uploading a video longer than 10 seconds!


Rueben... I specifically said,"Smile!"



Kate makes these growling/screaming noises constantly. Mitch always calls her the Gremlin or Tasmanian Devil because that's what she really sounds like!

7 comments:

Nicole said...

I love the growling! What a cutie. But that isn't Kate in the picture with you is it? Sounds like life is busy. Wish we could get Marin and Olivia to ski together! Maybe we can find a glacier or something in Yellowstone this summer!

Avree said...

Haha, that's our little gremlin!

CassideeT said...

How fun that Marin gets to go skiing every weekend with her dad. My grandpa bought me skis and took me skiing for the first time when I was two, so I always thought I'd start my kids young as well. Unfortunately, skiing in Dallas doesn't really work. And I remember getting poles for the first time, I felt like a rockstar!

JanaLee said...

That is some growl! She is so Big I can't believe we have never seen her in the flesh, Soon, soon.

EmRee said...

Your hair is so cute in that picture. Love that little Kate.

Bill and Emily Grant said...

Oh I love the growling! She is too stinkin' cute!

Jesika Harmon said...

I'm totally with you on the journaling...purely journal purposes. I would love to make them cuter, but it already takes SO LONG! I'm way behind and am only doing the first year on paper. With my third I am going to do digital. And I would love to see your roses and learn!