It is starting to warm up in Logan, FINALLY. A few weeks ago we had a little taste of warm weather, so we took the girls to the park. Kate loves to swing and she loves to swing high. If you let her slow down she starts yelling.


This is how Marin preferred to go down these slides:
And this is what happened at the bottom. Of course, Mitch was just laughing and snapping pictures instead of helping her. She got up and yelled, "It's NOT funny dad!"
We dyed Easter eggs during the Priesthood session with Avree and Spencer. As you can imagine, Spencer was a little young (2 yrs old) to really care about the eggs, although when they were all done Avree showed them to him and he said, "Wow, pretty."

Marin had a blast though. She could have dyed 3 dozen. We stuck with 1 dozen because I'm not a fan of boiled eggs and they just get thrown in the garbage.
Easter morning was great. Marin was so excited, she had a perma-grin for about an hour. The bubbles were her favorite. She said, "The Easter Bunny always brings me bubbles! I just knew he wouldn't forget!" Who knew bubbles were that amazing?
And of course, what did Kate want the most? The grass! Doesn't she look quite innocent here? That fistful of grass promptly went into her mouth after this picture.
We cooked a whole turkey and had Easter dinner with my siblings and families (minus Blake). My brother Jaren and brother-in-law Matt went with the turkey legs. Mmmm, nothing like a huge turkey leg! Then we had an Easter egg hunt outside where apparently Marin's pants were on backward. Avree took pictures, but Marin was picking a wedgie in all of them. Jaren's wife Callie discovered this and fixed them for her!
Here are a few pictures of Mitch's birthday party last night. Poor Mitch, his birthday is 3 days before Marin's, so we don't usually have any big parties. We had a little family party and an awesome cake, if I do say so myself. It was banana bundt with cream cheese frosting.
Marin helped Mitch blow out his candles of course, and also unwrap all of his presents.
Stay tuned for pics of Marin's birthday. Lots of people will be joining us this Saturday to celebrate her 4th, including both sets of grandparents! She has been asking me every day for a month, "Is my birthday in the morning?" In a couple of days I can finally tell her yes!
Thursday, April 8, 2010
The Megapost
Posted by Cara at 8:39 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Cute pics. I love the one of Marin falling at the bottom of the slide, I wonder where she got her coordination from? Thanks for hosting the Thanksgiving feast, it was fun!
I am so glad Logan is finally getting warm weather! I couldn't believe how much snow you guys got. I don't think Brooke was too into Easter this year either. I didn't dare put grass in her basket because I was afraid it would end up all over the house or getting eaten :)
How fun! Looks like you had a great Easter and I must add that I think that cake looks yummy! :) Your girls are so cute!
oh cara! this post made me miss you guys. and olivia goes down the slides like that too. such a rebel. I hope they don't push the boundaries like this in about 10 years. I can't wait to hear what comes out of marin's mouth for her birthday. I am way behind on cards but Marins (ahem, and Kate's) are on the way!
I am just going to die laughing at the slide picture! lol She is so cute! Can you believe how fast that four years went!?
Post a Comment