Thursday, April 22, 2010

Spring Has Sprung

Logan treated us to some awesome weather last week! It was up in the high 70's for about a week. I could really live somewhere coastal like San Diego where it never gets super cold or hot. As long as we had a cabin I could visit during the Fall, I'd be good. I love the Fall season, probably because where I grew up in St. George there isn't much of a Fall. Spring is also a pretty nice season. I love the sun and I love that my kids can finally start playing outside. Marin could run around barefoot and in her swimming suit all summer and stay outside all day if I would let her. My tulips are blooming now and Marin counts the ones that have bloomed every day. I get really excited about planting flowers in the Spring and then my excitement wears off when I have to water them every day. Mitch ran drip lines to all of my potted flowers last summer and now they do much better. I sort of lose the fever and forget to water them sometimes. But never fear, about this time of year I get the bug to plant as many flowers as I can. I always vow that I will be better about giving them plant food and watering them, but I always lose interest by July or August. Luckily my husband is handy with the sprinkler system and all of my flower beds have drip systems too. Tulips are a great type of flower because they don't require much care... well, any care actually. They are some of the first flowers up in the Spring and they give our yard some much-needed color. Okay, I'm done rambling. Here are a few pictures of my girls in front of our first tulips to bloom:

4 comments:

Nicole said...

I want more pictures of you yard!! I love the tulips. We don't have them here. Marin's hair is so long and straight! Who would have thought all that curl used to be there.

Avree said...

Marin is so cute about your tulips, I love how she gets so excited. Cute pictures, Marin looks so old with her long pretty hair and Kate The Great is as cute as ever. You don't look too shabby yourself.

Heather said...

Oh how I would love to plant some bulbs in my yard.... maybe this fall, maybe. Your yard always looks so nice. We're going to try to beat the weeds this year, wish me luck! I can't believe how big marin looks..her hair is so long! Kate is big, too. We should get together some nice day soon!

Unknown said...

My girls keep picking my tulips and bringing them to me as gifts. At least they say "I love you" each time they pick a new batch...

You and your girls are all so beautiful.