Monday, March 14, 2011

Kate the Great turns 2!

This is crazy for me that my little baby is 2! I know that sounds so cliche to say, but I'll say it anyway because that's how I feel. She's our little sunshine, even though she's feisty and a stinker a lot of the time. It's a good thing she's so cute! She's been obsessed with "Buzz" lately, (which means all things Toy Story) so we had a Toy Story party. When I say Toy Story party, I mean we had a Toy Story cake, napkins, plates, and cups. That's the extent of it. But it was a good time. Here are a few pictures:


(She looks sad in this one, but she's actually super excited to open her Jessie doll from Grandma)

I'll do this at the end so you can skip it. It's for my journaling purposes because it's amazing how much I forget about my kids! Here are a few things about Kate right now:

- She loves the Woody and Jessie dolls at nursery so much that she hoards them the whole time and can hardly play with them for fear another child might take one (I'm one of her leaders in there so that's how I know)
- She talks and talks. Her little voice is so adorable and I often tell her things to repeat just so I can hear her say them in her cute little munchkin voice.
- She says "wucky" instead of "yucky" and likes to suck on the toothpaste tube, while saying "it's wucky mom, it's wucky mom" since that's what I've told her.
- She went through a major hair pulling phase that is, thankfully, over (knock on wood). Poor Marin took the brunt of it.
- She loves strawberries, pizza, and "qwot-qwut" which is "chocolate." That one took me awhile to figure out.
- She just recently grew out of all of her 18-24 month pants, they are all now floods. She'll have to be nerdy, I'm holding out buying her any new pants in hopes that summer will arrive SOON!
- She's super tall and skinny. When she gets out of the bathtub she asks (okay, demands) to "wun and wun" which is "run and run" and she tears around the house naked until I can wrestle her into a diaper and jammies.
- She loves dogs. Every animal that is not a horse is a doggie. She sleeps with a stuffed bear from Yellowstone, that she thinks is a dog.
- She loves her Aunt Avree and calls her "Bavee."
- She is a major daddy's girl and only lets him wake up with her in the night or rock her to sleep (darn!)
- She is obsessed with the potty, and asks to sit on it a bazillion times a day. However, I will not be potty training her for awhile yet because I am too lazy.
- She loves Marin and copies everything she does. My girls are actually starting to play together often and Marin is very kind to Kate most of the time (this has not always been the case).
- She has really curly hair that usually looks like a rat's nest! She refuses to wear bows in it, of course :)
- She is the cutest little 2 year old ever and we're lucky to have her feisty little self in our family!

6 comments:

Avree said...

When you were expecting Kate I was a little worried I wouldn't love her as much as I love Marin but I sure do love that little stinker! She's so smiley and spunky you can't help it!

Courtney said...

I haven't seen a pic of Kate for a long time, she has gotten huge!! And I love her curly blonde hair.

Nicole said...

I can't wait to see you all in JUNE!!! I hope Kate will love me too! And when the girls get bigger they can come on the airplane to Alaska by themselves and play with Olivia and get jobs on the tour busses and go to college together! Ok she just turned 2...I will take some playtime with that Jesse doll!

Callie and Jaren said...

Even though she is getting older, it still looks like she loves putting things in her mouth. I guess cups, napkins, and cake are a step up from dirt and rocks... She is adorable! I can't wait to get back to Logan so we can hear her talk!

Callie and Jaren said...

This is from Grandma St. George... I love the little stinker too! Her little victory dances are so cute. The spin is her best move! I love how she snuggles up to me on the couch. Her smile would melt anything.

Emily Grant said...

She is so so cute! I can't believe how big our girls are getting! Amanda will be 2 in two weeks and it seems so crazy!