This is going to be pretty random. I haven't blogged about much that we've been doing this summer and I'm so behind so I'm going to do what I always do when I have a lot to tackle... make a list. I love lists. I'm totally the type of person who adds things to my list just so I can cross them off (even if I've already done them sometimes). So here you are, our latest happenings:
1. Our Alaska cousins came to play! Mitch's brother's family lives in Alaska. They used to live quite close, but moved several years ago. Their little Olivia is Marin's age and they are best cousins. Their 2 older boys have grown up so much since we last saw them. They are like little adults these days. Mitch had fun with some non-wussy kids trying to throw them off the tube! We were so happy they came and stayed several days with us! Hopefully we'll get to visit them soon in Alaska!

(side note: these pics are actually from a week later during the baby blessing when our Alaska cousins came back and boated with us again. And upon further inspection, that is not in fact Ethan and Olivia from Alaska, but 2 cousins from Idaho. Oh well, I'm too lazy to re-upload more pictures, sorry Nicole!)
2. We celebrated the 4th of July! We went to Romney Stadium with my family and watched the Logan City's fireworks show. The main attraction was the band Diamond Rio, which is a total 80's, 90's old guy band now, but good old Mitch knew every single song word for word and so did my mom! I knew a bunch too. We're old and lame, ha ha!


3. We had a ton of family come for Andrew's baby blessing later that weekend. It was great! We had about 30 people staying at our house and it was crazy but so fun. Mitch took everyone boating (well except Alisa and I who stayed home with the babies) and then we blessed our sweet little Andrew.

4. My mom came to stay for the week and we had a blast! My brother Jaren took a ton of pictures of us boating, but I don't have any of them. My mom took Andrew in the night and I got 3 nights of sleep, hooray!
5. I turned 29! Oh I'm so close to 30 I can smell it, ha ha! This is Kate pounding some pink frosting off of the cupcakes Mitch brought home. She ate the frosting off 2 cupcakes, and let's just say it made for several unpleasant diaper changes the next day! My birthday present is a shopping trip with my sister Avree this Saturday and I cannot wait!
Well that's about it!
Tuesday, August 9, 2011
Our Latest Happenings
Posted by Cara at 9:53 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
I cannot wait for our shopping trip on Saturday! I've been looking forward to it...since last year's trip. Cute pics!
My sisters are totally list people ha. Doesn't do it for me. I wish it did!!! I love Diamond Rio. What a good mama to give you 3 nights of sleep, best birthday gift you could get. And your little man is cute as ever!
One thing I totally miss about living in Utah during the summer is boating! That looks so fun. One of my favorite stories from your blog is still when Mitch slyly worked that boat in. Eric cays that his first purchase when he gets done with school is boat. I told him to at least wait to see if we'll even live somewhere with a lake first. ha. Looks like you're having a great summer!
I'm a list freak too! Fun boating pictures! I love the family picture. So cute. Have fun on Saturday!
I have no idea who that is with Marie with the long hair. it looks like it should be Olivia, but the bathing suit is wrong. But Carter is standing there and I think that is him on the tube in the next picture. Seeing how excited Mitch and Ash were with JaDee's fish picture I think you guys might be up here to visit sooner than you think! Thanks for such a fun visit. You are always a stop for us! and have fun shopping! I just bought a bunch of stuff online but it is never the same as the thrill of the hunt...so to speak!
Post a Comment