Monday, January 23, 2012

The Kiddos

This is just a quick re-cap for my journaling purposes of what my kids are like these days. If you are not Avree, my mom, or Nicole, you probably won't be interested in this:

Marin (5)
* Loves Kindergarten, is very into following the rules
* Loves playing Mario Kart with her dad. Is surprisingly good for a 5-year-old.
* Can do a pretty mean cartwheel after taking gymnastics for the last few months
* Loves to dance
* Is the tallest girl/possibly kid in her class
* Told a girl in her Primary class who was crying that "it would be better if you used your words."
* Likes to use big 3-syllable words, but uses them out of context quite often
* Loves to play with her friends in the neighborhood
* Still gets super excited about the toys that come in Happy Meals
* Still gets super excited over lots of trivial things and I love it!
* Is very polite to teachers and adults, thank heaven
* Loves hugs and snuggling much more than when she was a baby
* Will try lots of new foods, but will not try bananas
* Has the most beautiful red hair that looks like it was professionally highlighted
* Is a great little skier and likes to go FAST
* Is very very dramatic. Teenager-hood could be a difficult time :)
* Can make Andrew laugh and laugh just by looking at him

Kate (3)
* Starts every sentence she says with "Actually...."
* Won't let me put even the tiniest rubber band in her crazy curly blonde hair
* Is a little destructive with toys (we call her Sid)
* Describes people she really likes as her "best fwiend"
* Loves to ride plasma cars at "A-Ree's house"
* Eats crayons like candy
* Eats many many more things not intended for ingestion (toothpaste, soap, dirt, hand sanitizer, etc.)
* Loves to dance, particularly spin until she falls over
* Will not, I repeat, WILL NOT wear clothing inside our house
* Loves to sleep in her "goll-bed [girl-bed]", which is short for big-girl bed
* Whenever I leave and come back she says, "You here?! You my best fwiend!"
* Anything she loves she calls her, "Fav-wit color" A typical phrase is, "I wuv it! It's my fav-wit color!"
* She speaks really fast, kind of sounds like Chinese until you get used to it
* She takes 27 baths a day. Loves to eat bubbles (shocker)
* Eats a bag of popcorn daily
* Would eat pancakes for every meal
* Has to eat at the same place at the table for every meal, with the red plastic place-mat that I melted the shape of the crockpot bowl into-- she calls it the "ovo [oval] pwace-mat"
* Loves to sing -- knows every single word to "I Am a Child of God" and "I Wuv to See The Temp-o"

Andrew (9 months)
* Happiest baby ever-- seriously, he used up all of his crying in the first 4 months of life
* Recently learned how to open the DVD player, to his sisters' dismay
* Can crawl anywhere, and does
* Loves to eat paper when he can find it
* Loves to eat all food and wants to feed himself
* Loves the bathtub
* Can only make one sound... "Daa daaa daaa" but says it with every emotion-- sad, happy, mad, excited, etc.
* Growls on cue, and pretty much the rest of the time
* Screams when his sisters do
* Laughs at everything his sisters do or say. I have a feeling this will continue for a long time
* Gets 10,000 kisses from me and actually LIKES it!
* Still likes to be swaddled up tight in his blanky to sleep

5 comments:

Avree said...

Oh I just love those 3 little stinkers! I read the entire post and enjoyed all of it!

val said...

If you don't jot these things down they are forgotten. Lol on Kate's "actually." last week when someone asked Lucy how old she was she responded "2....actually 4!"

Courtney said...

Brooke says "actually..." a lot too! I wonder where they get that from? I can't believe how much your kids are growing. Andrew is already 9 mo?! no way!

Nicole said...

I read this the other day from my phone but can't seem to comment from my phone on some blogs. But yes, I am thrilled with this post! I can't believe Kate is talking so much!! Gosh they are getting so big! And Marin's hair is not only a beautiful color, it is so dang thick!

And I tagged you in a blog post. Want to play along?

EmRee said...

Thank you so much for this post. It is my favorite ever. I agree with Nicole I can't beleive Kate is talking that much. I would have LOVED to have been there when Marin explained how using your words helps although I'm pretty sure I would have wet my pants. I can't believe Andrew is getting so big, even if it's not in percentiles. Enjoy and keep posting.