Friday, January 27, 2012

Kind of a Friday Confessional

This is not my typical confessional, but my sister-in-law tagged me in a blog post of hers. My answers will be a little like a confessional I guess. I don't think I've ever actually done a tag, it's not my style. But for Nicole, only for Nicole, I'll do it. Here are the questions she asked:

What is your favorite book and why?
Easy. "Daddy Long Legs" by Jean Webster. I have read this book more times than I can count and I still LOVE it. What does that say about me? Yes, I'm sappy. Yes, I like a good romance. If I were at a job interview I would say Jane Austen's "Pride and Prejudice." because I also love that one only a teensy bit less and it's a bit more sophisticated-sounding.

Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
Eek! I'll be turning 40! With that said, I have to admit, I may be looking forward to this phase in my life a little. The one where my kids are still at home, but not babies. "What?" you say? "Just wait until you have teenagers" you say? Sorry, but I'm not the best "baby" mom. I love love love my babies, but I'm kind of a stress case over them. So while I know new stresses will arise, hopefully in 10 years I will be doing some fun things that my sis-in-law Nicole is doing (she is not 10 years older than me, but she had her kids earlier)... like cross-country skiing and hiking while my kids are in school, taking some fun un-baby-friendly vacations with my family, etc. And all of you who are gearing up for a comment along the lines of "enjoy your babies, time flies, it's fleeting, they'll be grown before you know it, etc."-- don't bother. I am thoroughly content with this phase of my life too.

Where is your favorite restaurant and what do you order there?
Red Lobster and endless shrimp or the shrimp platter or crab. Oooh, I love me some good seafood!

What was your first childhood memory?
My dad pushing me on the tire swing at Aggie Village when we lived in Logan (I was 2 or 3). Apparently he pushed me a little too high once and I refused to ever get back on. I don't remember that, but I have fleeting memories of the tire swing that are associated with feeling happy.

What is the most daring thing you have ever done or what are you the most proud of accomplishing?
I would definitely have to say being a mom, although I didn't know how daring I really was when I first embarked on this. That is a subject for different posts though, so with that said, my SECOND most daring thing I've ever done is come to Logan to go to school. Sounds boring, but I was extremely shy in high school and there was not ONE SINGLE other person I knew in the whole wide world who was going to USU. So for me to pack up, move across the state, and hope for the best was big. I'm pretty dang glad I did though. I just happened to share a dorm room with my best friend Ashlee and we had some oh-so-good times for several years (until we both got married). I obviously met Mitch here and we got married. Mitch's roommate Matt met my sister Avree, they got married. My brother Jaren moved up here to school and met a darling girl from Brigham City, they got married. So yeah, I'd say it was worth it :)

Sorry, not going to pass any more questions on because I don't have any friends I think would want to do this who haven't already been tagged.

And that's it!

3 comments:

Courtney said...

Thanks for the correction! I am not too daring so darling fits me betterr anyway ;) we'll have to meet at red lobster some time!

val said...

Just enjoy this time...time flies...jk...I just had to. Fun and interesting tidbits about you. I like tag. Maybe now that I'm back on the blog wagon I'll bring it back too.
Didn't realize you were a seafood lover. Why didn't we eat more seafood together when we lived there. King crab...mmm.

Nicole said...

yay!! I am so glad you posted this! I have never heard of your book but if it comes in just of ahead of Jane Austen it must be worth it! Thanks Cara!