Sunday, March 25, 2012

Kate the Great Turns 3!

When I call Kate "sweetie" or "cutie" or something other than her name, she always corrects me and says, "No, I Kate da Great!" She knows it, and she is so full of personality we almost can't handle her, ha ha. She is wild and darling at the same time, and our family would not be the same without her. These pictures are all complements of my sweet sister-in-law Callie (okay, and Jaren took a few too). Thanks guys!

And thanks Pinterest, for almost every idea I had for this party! Rainbow cupcakes, a fun kids treasure hunt, rainbow candied popcorn, tissue pom poms, rainbow fruit tray, and of course Skittles and Starbursts!

Kate got lots of Toy Story themed presents!
And behold! The cutest bike I've ever seen! It even has a cute little bell! And guess who blew right past it to get to the table and eat her Cheetos from Aunt Avree?
Oh, now she notices it!
A little nervous at first, but she's getting the hang of it.



This is where I finally helped Kate blow out the candles after 30 seconds of her spitting on the cake!

And the highlight for Kate was that my parents came up last minute to join in the festivities. My mom just couldn't miss it! What a fun day with family and friends!

3 comments:

Emily Grant said...

How fun! I forget sometimes how close in age Amanda and Kate are. We are getting ready for her birthday in a couple weeks. I can't believe they are 3 already!

eric + ashlee said...

Wow your family is really growing up, I'm realizing how long it has been since we've seen each other. Kate really is such a pretty girl. I love that wavy hair too. So cute. Where did you get her dress? I love it. That bike is darling too. Cute party! Well, I'm running out of adjectives for cute, so better call this comment quits.

Nicole said...

I love the picture of you with your pearls holding the cake. You look quite beautiful. And Andrew looks like the perfect mix of Marin and Kate. I think it is funny how the third child always looks like a mix of the other two. I ran across pictures of seven year old Ethan that look so much like Olivia! Yet I always see Carter in her through the eyes. Happy Birthday miss Kate!