Friday, April 6, 2012

In Which An Easter Decoration Became More Than I Bargained For...

All of these ideas on Pinterest are lovely and I always have grand plans for the finished product... but it's the execution of the plan/project that is always a drag. This project in particular took so much longer than I imagined it would. But once I bought the stuff and got done wrapping about 3 eggs (this is the point where I thought, "uh oh"), I couldn't quit. One thing I learned, if you ever want to attempt this little baby, is to get the fattest yarn you can... for obvious reasons. It would have been a lot less tedious not to have to wrap these babies a million times and use like 50 hot glue sticks. I am posting pictures of this a) to brag because I thought it turned out super cute, and b) because I only finished it last week and Easter is almost here and I'll have to take it down so I need to get all of the leverage out of it that I can. (How is that for a run-on sentence my English teacher friends?) So here you go-- my One and Only Easter decoration:
 Here is where I hung it:
Happy Easter!

9 comments:

val said...

it's very cute cara. way to go.

sav said...

very cute!

Courtney said...

Super cute! I love your curtains too!

Brittzy said...

Love it!!!
-Brittney Irwin

(I am blog stocking you from facebook ;-)

Kelly said...

It looks awesome! And I'm glad I'm not the only one who goes into things thinking they won't be a big deal but then they end up taking forever (every single sewing project I try.)

Avree said...

It looks even cuter in real life! But I think it's rude that you didn't make me one while you were at it.

Anonymous said...

I'm laughing right now because I have a half finished wreath sitting in my closet. And tomorrow is Easter. So it looks like it might be a decoration for next year. I can't believe how long it takes to wrap those eggs and how much hot glue I've used so far! It looks cute though.

Jesika Harmon said...

Way cute Car! I have one little shelf in my family room that I change decor on for the holidays (since all of the decorations I have for holidays fill up only this little shelf :) And I JUST finished my Easter shelf on Thursday :)So I'm right there with you! Seriously super cute though!!

Em said...

That is DANG cute!! Well done. I have tried things that are wrapped in yarn it does take forever!! Way to stick with it well worth it!