
We had a great Easter! Marin loved dyeing Easter eggs and thought the plastic eggs filled with candy were wonderful! When she saw her Easter basket she had to stop and try every kind of sucker before she could move on to her egg hunt. Between her parents and both sets of grandparents, Marin really cleaned up. Her favorite Easter item was a stuffed chicken my mom got her. She's had plenty of stuffed animals before and she hasn't paid much attention to them... in fact they're in storage down in our basement. But this chicken--she carries him around all day saying "s'okay chicken," while patting him on the back. She calls him "fishy" (I don't know why) and had to sleep with him last night. You never know which toys will be a hit with kids!
We had Mitch's brother's family over for Easter dinner and an egg hunt. I cooked my first turkey and it actually turned out great. I remembered to take out the bag of giblets right before I stuck the thing in the oven (thank goodness)-- GROSS is all I have to say about that. FYI: The secret to moist turkey is the turkey bag! It was a 21-lb turkey so we've had LOTS of leftovers. All in all Easter weekend was quite swell for the Moncurs!
Friday, March 28, 2008
Easter
Posted by Cara at 8:41 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I LOVE the dress.. Maren is adorable! Also, I heard that Maren found Ty's stash of candy at work! Maybe she can dance for some candy next time I'm there.. I really want to see the kid dance!!
She looks so cute in her dress!
Cara!! Holy cow, how are you!? It was great to hear from you and your little girl is a doll! She looks like she has such a cute personality. Sometimes I spend a little too much time blogging, but I think it's such a great way to stay in touch and get in touch with old friends, especially when you find friends you haven't seen for a while! Anyway, I hope things are well with you and your family. I want to add you to my links, hope you don't mind :) Take care!
(sorry about the super long comment)
Post a Comment