
I love the way she made me feel the very first time I held her. Her little wrinkled, puffy face with the skiff of flaming red hair was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen.
I love how she thinks I'm the most important person in the world. When I walk in the door, after only being gone a short while, she runs and greets me with a huge smile on her face. I wish that would never change.
I love how she gets so excited over the little things... purple silk flowers, dress-ups, lady-bugs, pudding.
I love to hear her little feet pitter-patter down our wood hallway.
I love how she mixes up "L" sound and "R" sound so we get new words like "sreep", "brankie", and "prayhouse".
I love how she's just a little mischievous and quite a lot stubborn.
I love to watch how she has her daddy wrapped around her little finger.
I love the way her voice gets higher and higher as she gets excited when she's telling a story.
I love to hear her pray.. she has not once in her last 30 prayers left out the phrase "thanks for ogurt" (yogurt)
I love to hear her sing.. mostly made-up songs that make no sense.. but to hear her sing every word to "I am a Child of God" melts my heart.
I had no idea what a little joy was entering my life just 2 1/2 years ago!
Friday, September 12, 2008
My Little Joy
Posted by Cara at 1:06 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
We love her too! Nice Background by the way. Marin's little voice is delightful! can't wait to see Mitch with her as teenager!
What a sweet tribute. Its amazing how such a little child could change your life so much. So worth it!
Do you also love it when she says "Mom, I love to eat my boogers!" Cause Matt and I sure got a kick out of that one! We sure love that little redhead! I still remember the night she was born, I've been nuts over her ever since!
So sweet Cara! I can't wait to have little joys of my own!
What a beautiful post, Cara. Your little Marin sounds like such a sweetheart, just like her mommy!!
Cutie Patootie. I love her fiesty personality. Great little tribute to your little one.
Post a Comment