... but I do visit her website frequently for some awesome recipes. This year I am hosting Thanksgiving for the first time. By Wednesday all of my siblings will officially live in the same town! Avree's family is moving here on Wednesday-- (I am so thrilled about this, it is too good to be true! Avree's husband got a job at the CPA firm where Mitch works just recently)--and my brothers are here for school. Anyway, since we are all here, my parents are coming to us. Of course, my mom will be making the pies, homemade rolls, and funding the whole event, but I did get to decide the menu and do all the shopping. So I turned to my trusty friend Martha for some yummy ideas for side dishes and some tips on how one goes about cooking a turkey (I was a little ambitious and bought a 21-pounder). Anyway, Martha didn't fail me. Here is one of the side dishes I will attempt on Thursday:
Here is the link to the recipe: Roasted Vegetables
So no one in my family likes yams (including me), but Mitch does. I found this awesome recipe in place of mashed up yams with marshmallows or brown sugar or whatever the heck people usually put on those things that make them look like orange puke. Anyway, here's the recipe. Doesn't it look yummy? I even bought shallots for the first time! Happy happy Thanksgiving everyone!
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
I'm no Martha Stewart...
Posted by Cara at 11:17 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
how cool you're hosting this year. fun! you'll be a fantastic hostess. good luck with everything.
i'm with mitch and LOVE sweet potatoes...put a little brown sugar and mallows on top....it's like dessert.
i can't believe how cool it is that all your sibs will live in cache valley. crazy and fun.
Look at you go! :) I am not a fan of Yams either! Good luck! and Happy Thanksgiving!
good job!! I am proud of you for taking it on... its always so fun to read your blog... Happy thanksgiving!
I hope you had a great Thanksgiving! That recipe looks amazing. You are so ambitious. I bought the last pre-made veggie tray at the store. It was hard work.
How exciting that your sis will live here too! I bet you are thrilled.
Looks yummy. I bet it turned out great!
mmmm! How'd they turn out. Looks yummy!
Post a Comment