Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Christmas!

For my whole life I have been SO into the Christmas season and this year is no different. It has been even better because I have my own child who, for the first time, actually understands Santa Claus and presents and gets so absolutely thrilled over trees and lights that you can't help but feel the Christmas spirit! Seriously, wherever we go Marin practically screams how "boootiful" the lights on houses are and in the stores she'll scream "Mom, look at the boootiful Christmas trees!" Even in Walmart, where the tree is less than beautiful. I have been much anticipating Christmas morning when Marin gets to open her presents and have really had to hold back not getting her too many things (kids toys are inexpensive you can really get carried away I think). Anyway, my mom gave Marin this darling Christmas outfit, complete with little black sparkley Mary Janes and a cute little black pea coat (not pictured, but I will definitely get some professional pics taken soon). We made a Christmas paper chain today to count down the days until Christmas just like we used to do with my family when I was young. And we have many more Christmas activities planned. Ahhh, I love Christmas traditions so much and, well, I am just thoroughly enjoying myself this Christmas season!! Hope it's the same for the rest of you!











7 comments:

Avree said...

Oh she looks so cute!!! You need to post these on the family website. I love her fake smile in the last picture, she cracks me up!

Tawnia Zilles said...

What a cutie! I love kids at Christmas time.

Bill and Emily Grant said...

oh how cute! Your mom is such a fun grandma! I love Christmas too! I can't wait until our little one is old enough to appreciate it! How fun!

eric + ashlee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
eric + ashlee said...

Adorable! I'm glad to hear someone else is so in love with Christmas as I am. It was really hard for me to wait until after Thanksgiving this year to put up decorations.... I might have cheated and put them up a little early...but hello! it was like a week later than normal this year!

eric + ashlee said...

If you're wondering about that post of 'Comment Deleted'. It was me...I forgot the "S" on decorations okay!

Emily said...

SO cute! I went private and I don't think I have your email. If you want an invite, send me an email at emilywoodland03@hotmail.com