Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Gingerbread House

Tonight for family night we made a gingerbread house with Marin. We were going to make gingerbread houseES, but as we got going, we decided one would be plenty! Of course, Marin enjoyed eating the candy much more than actually decorating the house. I made the "glue" (seriously though, royal icing is pretty much sugar glue) and Mitch piped it all over everything while Marin and I told him where to put it. Marin actually did have the attention span to get into decorating it as long as I told her what we were making (i.e. the fence, the door, the sidewalk, etc.). I think we'll make it a tradition. Maybe someday our houses will not have a gaping hole through the roof and be made out of actual gingerbread!

The "fence" was my idea. Isn't it lovely? Oh, and this is Mitch's creepy little snowman (or penguin?). I think Mitch should quit taxes and become a full time sculptor.


Remember I am 6 months pregnant and pardon my chipmunk cheeks!

Little cheeser! It is tough for me to get a good, non-fake-looking smile from Marin these days! And I do believe I have a pretty dang good-looking husband, even if he is pushing 30!

4 comments:

Annaca said...

Looks good guys. I have every intention of doing this, but we'll see :) You're my inspiration, as usual!!

Spring said...

Yummy! Your cheeks don't look like a chipmunk!

Makayla & Cory Curtis said...

Looks like so muh fun. You have such a cute family. I can't believe my daughter goes to the same school your mom teaches at. SO good to hear from you.

Avree said...

I bet Marin had a blast decorating and eating this, cute pics!