I went on my first outing today with TWO CHILDREN. I don't know how the rest of the mothers out there bring more than one kid to any public place. I always would look at the moms with several wild kids running everywhere at the grocery store and wonder how they could be so insane to bring them all there. I have had a hard time keeping up with just Marin on many occasions, including an unfortunate incident at Kohl's involving one code pink and one hysterical mother. But, poor little Marin has been a bit bored since we really don't and can't go out anywhere, so we decided to venture to the public library today. I figured the germs couldn't get to Kate if I left her in her car seat (since she is barely 3 weeks old) and so we went. It was a success. Marin did not run away from me and Kate slept through the entire event. Marin officially loves the library (and the collection of Winnie the Pooh movies there) and I have one outing under my belt! Hooray for me!
Friday, April 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 comments:
Yay for you! I am still in the "please don't cry and freak out while we're at the store" stage. I swear, Brooke is going to be huge because my solution to this is to always feed her before we go anywhere!
good job! i agree, it seems hard with just one, how do people do it with four or five little ones?
I'm glad Marin found some Winnie the Pooh movies. Every time she comes to my house she says, "Did ya got Winnie the Pooh or is it not working?" (Our VCR isn't hooked up so I always tell her it doesn't work). Good job on juggling two kids!
Congrats on the new one...and on the outing. I agree, I don't know how people handle more than one! Sounds like you are doing great though!
Well done! I know the first time is like such an event but soon you will be a pro (and one of those crazy mothers with screaming kids).
But I have been known to abandon whole shopping carts and leave the store when one of my kids has a tantrum. And we have a Code Adam story on Ethan after he ran away from me in the bathroom at Wal-mart. That was the last time until he went to Kindergarten that I ever took to the store. And I am absolutely not kidding about that!
I know how you feel. It is a great accomplishment to go to any new place. It is nice to venture out more because you realize that you can do it, but I still hate grocery shopping with two kids. We finally started a blog. I think you can just click on our name it will take you there.
Lindy
Horray for you!! That's great!
I'm such a blog slacker! I didn't even realize you had your sweet little Kate. She is beautiful and I'm so proud of you for taking them both out that is scary/new. Shoot its hard enough taking one, So good job!!!!! I hope you are feeling good and everyone is healthy
You're awesome! You ventured out with two before I did! And seriously, sometimes it is hilarious the things that happen...like today, nursing Gabe in the car between stores and right as I start nursing Bree says, "Mom I need to go potty!" With the look on her face like it's going to come out right now! Um yes, I did end up nursing him in the bathroom...a VERY clean bathroom! :)
This IS a huge milestone! Congrats. May you have many more successful outings with both kids :)
Post a Comment