Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Members Only

I just have to announce that I am now a member of a very exclusive club called "The Finer Things Club" (you may have heard of something similar on "The Office"). Yesterday we were graced with the presence of our good friends Kyle and Lindy Dimond and their 2 cute girls (Kyle was Mitch's former roommate, now fast on his way to becoming Dr. Dimond in North Carolina). Since the other 2 of Mitch's former roommates, Matt and Rueben, still live here in Cache Valley, they all went golfing while the girls hung out and watched the kids. We were planning on dinner at Avree's house, and were just waiting for the boys to finish golfing...little did we know, the boys had a little something up their sleeves. When they got home, Matt quickly ushered the girls out of the house for a little tour of the yard. When our tour was finished, we entered the house and much to our surprise, a beautiful table setting, complete with a cucumber melon candle was awaiting us. I can't describe the beauty of it in words, so I'll show you a picture. Yes, those are Bluebird chocolates!

I'll bet you're wondering what that papers on our plates said. Well don't worry, I'm about to tell you.

"Finer Things Club"

If you are reading this paper right now you have been chosen to be part of the exclusive club known as the "Finer Things Club". Please take a moment to catch your breath before you continue reading.

The "Finer Things Club" is an ancient organization that was founded by cavemen in an effort to give their cavewomen a break from cavekid duties. Members of the "Finer Things Club" were invited to discuss fine literature and dine on fine cuisine. After a refreshing discussion about the literature and a splendid meal the members were invited to participate in a physical activity, usually a sport. When the physical activity was complete the members were served a finely crushed ice as a way to cool down and conclude the gathering.

As a newly inducted member of the "Finer Things Club" you are entitled to a finely prepared meal and an evening of literature discussion and physical activity. Please hand over your kids and enjoy your evening. You have earned it!


These were our 2 very distinguished waiters (Mitch and Matt were designated the babysitters). We were treated to gourmet sandwiches (provided by Subway), grapes, chips, and canteloupe.


Notice the chips arranged so exquisitely in the casserole dish?


Oh, and we musn't forget to point out the lovely tablecloth and napkins.

Well there you have it. It was a very fun-filled evening. Don't you wish you were me?

8 comments:

Melissa said...

I am VERY impressed! I am having a hard time believeing that a guy could make that up! haha! very nice :)

Avree said...

Haha dangit your post is way better than mine. But I don't care, I'm still on a high from being inducted into the "Finer Things Club".

Em said...

That is so sweet! Well done boys well done. I am going to have my husband read this post maybe it will give him an idea of something nice to do... :)

JanaLee said...

Cara, I love your blog. It always makes me lol. I wish I could have been there to see all those boys.

Courtney said...

I am laughing at the pics of your "finer things club" because that is totally something Blake would do. It's the thought that counts, right?

Anonymous said...

That is so sweet. What awesome husbands you ladies have!

Nicole said...

Love it! You even got the "good" china. Although my favorite has to be the casserole dish with chips!

EmRee said...

Sounds like those boys are still up to all their old tricks. You should always all live close as you have so much fun together.