Tuesday, August 4, 2009

10 reasons why my husband is cool

Okay, don't worry, this is not a mushy ode to how wonderful my husband is. Not that I don't think that, and not that I don't think many of the things my fellow bloggers say about their husbands are truly sweet... but it's just not my style to say romantic-type things on my oh-so-public blog.

Anyway, you know how there are certain things that are totally random that are sort of endearing about your significant other? Well here are a few of mine:

1. He thinks purple and pink match... as in, putting Marin or Kate in a purple shirt and pink pants is an acceptable combination.

2. He researches sporting equipment for like 10 years before he actually makes a purchase... then after he finally does make the purchase he continues to research for the next 10 years
just to make sure he got the nicest thing for the best deal possible...but he also takes super good care of his stuff.

3. He messes up idioms or cliches every single time he tries to use them. Then if I correct him he says he meant to do it and makes up a huge explanation as to why he said it the way he did (joking of course).

4. He teases me about blogging and Facebooking and always asks me if so-and-so is my Facebook friend yet or not (in a very sarcastic manner).

5. I have been informed that he is the resident lawn-care expert at his office and that many co-workers come to him for advice on their lawns. He has researched the topic extensively and our yard and lawn get a lot of TLC from him.

6. He is somewhat of a germophobe. Ask him if you can borrow his chapstick or drink from his straw sometime if you'd like to see him really squirm (although he does share these things with me, for obvious reasons).

7. I do the majority of our housework, but randomly he will get grossed out by something and clean it... like the fans in our bathroom or the bugs in a light fixture.

8. When he doesn't shave, his mustache grows a lot faster than the rest, but it doesn't grow right in the middle-- think of Rhett Butler's from "Gone With the Wind", only red.

9. He likes sweets almost as much as me.

10. And last, but not least, he is such a little kid, as in-- he has a never-ending supply of energy when it comes to playing (working too actually)... whether it be fishing or hunting with his brothers, skiing or mountain-biking with Matt (brother-in-law) who also seems to have a never-ending supply of energy, or Marin who is yet another little person who never runs out of energy.

Well there you have it. I'd love to hear your top 10's fellow bloggers, it's a good exercise in remembering why you like hanging around these guys so much!

Addendum: After 2 comments on the fact that purple and pink match (geez guys, way to get technical on me!), I must say... I know that purple and pink match, my girls have lots of clothes that have both colors on them. However, I don't think a plain purple shirt and plain pink pants necessarily match-- or a pink patterned shirt and a purple patterned shirt (patterns not the same) really match either. But hey, I've been known to wear clothes that don't match, so I'm definitely not the matching expert!

5 comments:

Jen said...

Pink and Purple don't match? Oops.

Nicole said...

Actually I agree with Jen. Some pinks and purples do look cute together. And we love Mitch too!

Courtney said...

Oh so funny! I love that Mitch messes up cliches and idioms. Blake does that too except he argues that his way is the right way. Like saying "we'll play it by HEAR" instead of "play it by EAR" Oh well, it makes me laugh every time!

Avree said...

Mitch cracks me up, you probably could have come up with a list of about 50 quirky things about him!

A STAR is born said...

So for those of us without husbands (either cool or otherwise), what would you have me praise on my blog? Any of the following?:

1) 10 reasons why I am cool
2) 10 cool things I'd like to have in my husband
3) 10 cool boys that I know, who I'd like to become my husbands
4) 10 cool-climate areas I'd like to visit with my FH

The choice is yours....