
We went down to St. George last weekend for my brother's wedding open house. We got lots of fun pictures from the wedding and it was such a fun event... but I don't have any of the pictures of my own because I forgot my camera (seriously?!, I know). So when I get pictures from others that took them, I'll post more. Weddings don't happen every day you know :)
So today both of my girls slept in. In fact, it's 8:30 and Marin is still asleep. Kate slept from 8:30 last night until 8:00 this morning. Hallelujah!!! I guess my girls were a bit tuckered out from our weekend. It sure was fun, but St. George it HOT. How did I ever live there during the summer?
While I have a little free time I'm going to jot down some of the cute things my girls are doing right now. You may be thinking, "Oh great, here she goes again about her kids." But oh well. Like my friend Jen commented the other day, it's my blog and no one has to read it if they don't want to. Oh, and like my other friend Courtney, I freely admit to having "Amazing Baby Syndrome." I do understand these things are normal things for kids and babies to do. But since they're mine, I think it's amazing.
Kate:
- Drools herself silly. Wets the front of her shirt clear down to her belly with just spit.
- Screeches like crazy. My mom said she's never heard a baby screech that loud. It's not a mad screech, just a "Hey, here I am, don't forget about me!" screech. Her forehead turns purple it takes so much effort.
- Shoves her fist down her throat, or at least tries to.
- Rolls to her tummy milliseconds after she is laid down NO MATTER WHAT. Which leads me to the next bullet...
- Spits up on everything when she rolls onto her tummy.
- Is the most good-natured, happy baby on Earth.
- Tries to sit up in her car seat or bouncer.
- Never holds still. She is constantly kicking and flailing and bobbing her head.
- Loves Marin the most. She watches Marin and smiles and smiles if Marin pays her the slightest bit of attention.
- Gets a kick out of kids swinging at the park. She giggles and giggles if I stand in front of the swings. Somethings about it just hits her funny bone.
- Guzzles her bottle and totally lunges for it, but is very particular. Even if I add 1 ounce of formula, she won't drink it!
- Has her entire family wrapped around her little pudgy cute finger.
Marin:
- Loves to dress up in things not intended to be dress-ups. Like my dresses, or slips, or skirts.
- Loves to wear her swimming suits... well pretty much loves to wear anything BUT her regular clothes.
- Snuck out of the house around 8:00 in the morning in her swimming suit 3 days in a row. Was covered in mosquito bites, the little stinker!
- Has been using the word "actually" lately. Whenever I ask her a question, she starts it with, "Actually, mom..."
- When I told her she had to pick up the toys in her room before she could go outside she said, "Well mom, your hair is not pretty! It looks like a boy!" My hair was in a ponytail.
- When I yelled across the street for her to come home for dinner she said, "Mom, say it again nice or I'm going to run through Denise's [our neighbor with a beautiful yard] flower beds!"
- Has recently begun refusing to say her prayers. She tells me she's "a little too busy right now" and asks me to say them for her. However, she interrupts me, reminding me what to say the whole time.
- Pretends with her dolls and it's so dang hilarious to listen to... most of the time. I say that because often I hear myself in the pretending and remember I need to watch what I say. For example, the other day I heard her saying, "No, you are not being a good listener! You are going to time out until you are ready to talk nice!"
- Told her friend the other day, "If you don't start being nice, I will throw you out the window!" I promise I've never told her that!
- Calls my mom "Grandma St. George" and Mitch's mom "Grandma Wyoming" and loves them both!
- Calls Kate "Little Sweetie" and talks to her in the same high-pitched baby-talk voice I use all the time.
- Has Mitch wrapped around her finger and gets him to dress up and pretend to be the handsome prince quite often.
There's a lot more I could write, but don't worry, I'm done for now. The other day Kate had a total blow-out messy diaper and right in the middle of that, Marin yelled for me to please help her wipe. Two bums to wipe at the same time... what a glorious "mom" moment! I just had to sit back and laugh at the situation. I'm grateful for those two little bums and the rest of them too! Life is good!
Monday, August 24, 2009
Posted by Cara at 7:23 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I am laughing so hard! That Marin! Sneaking out of the house! Olivia snuck out of our house after church one day. Ran through the neighbors sprinkler in her dress and came home soaked after slipping in their driveway and scraping the back of her leg.
I can't believe how big Kate is! We need to do a webcam visit SOON!
Haha, my favorite Marin threatening to run through Denise's flowers, what a stinker! Both your girls are so cute!
Blogs are for posting about your kids. I do mine as journal-ing, if people have an issue, they don't have to read it, right? I love your witty sense of humor. I also like all the cute stuff your kids are doing. they are so fun! way to go on sleeping, too.. wish mine would get even close to that ever! oh well
Hey, thanks for finding me on facebook...I am just getting started. I have decided our Kates were meant to be twins...I have pictures of my Katy stuffing her whole fist in her mouth.
It was good to see you at Jaren's reception. Your girls are darling. You can check out my blog at benandmickellefamily.blogspot.com
Post a Comment