No, "Marvin" is not a typo. More about that later. I am posting like crazy this week. But it's our birthday bash week and I don't want to miss posting about it (since someday I really will have this blog printed into a book, really, I will...) Yesterday was Marin's first friend party. She wanted a Tangled party, which was convenient because of course there are a million Tangled things out there and I could get most of it at good ol' Walmart. It was actually a lot of fun. We kept it simple and only invited a few girls from our immediate neighborhood. Marin was in heaven the whole time.
Here is our little Reepunzel (not a typo either, that is how Marin pronounces it). We braided ribbons into her hair and she wore that dress all day long.
We decorated paper lanterns.
Then played a little "Pin the Frying Pan on Flynn"
Next we blew out candles and ate some cake. The situation with the cake was the highlight of my day. All of my Facebook friends already know this, but when we got to the bakery to pick up the cake it said, "Happy Birthday Marvin." They hurried and changed it, but I was laughing hysterically in the grocery store and pretty much the rest of the day every time I thought about it.
Then we opened presents (Marin's favorite part, she later told me).
And finally, we went on a little treasure hunt to get our party favors.
What a fun time!
This picture also illustrates how tall our little Marin is! Oh, and Sara, if you're wondering where Allie is in all of these pictures, she spent most of the party in Marin's room playing with her princess dolls. Next up, family party. I can't believe how fast my little bald baby grew up into this darling 5 year old that I love to pieces!
Sunday, April 10, 2011
Happy Birthday Marvin!
Posted by Cara at 7:17 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
oh how my annie would have loved to be at marvin's party. we're way into tangled here too. in fact she's listening to the read-a-long CD as i type this.
what a cutie...can't believe she's already 5! five years FLEW by. seriously flew!!!
ps hilarious about her cake!
Pin the frying pan on Flynn? ...Sounds a little violent for five year olds if you ask me. :) What a fun party! Marin is so big and beautiful!! I still think Marvin Moncur just sounds so good. You should definitely consider it for the little man. Miss you guys!
I love the marvin story! And I think that Maren looks like Mckelle (have no idea if I spelled her name right). But then, I haven't seen Mckelle in a LONG time so maybe my memory is off :)
I laughed so hard at the Marvin story! So fun! What a cute party!
hurray for Marvin! Oh and I forgot to tell you on the last post...Olivia thinks Yellow is a boy color too. She totally would have agreed with marin on that .
Post a Comment