Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Nursery Room Tour

I absolutely love nursery room tours, or kids room tours, or living room tours, or any room tours....you get the point. I like to see what other people's houses look like. I'm nosy. I've debated on whether to put this on my blog because it's not even that cool. It's not vintage or some amazing thrift store find that I transformed or anything else special. It's definitely not what I would do if my budget were unlimited. It probably cost less than $100 for everything I did. With that said, I still love my little guy's nursery. I've had it done for several weeks now and I like to sit in the rocking chair after my girls are asleep and just get excited for the fact that I'm having a little boy. No pink in this room. So here goes:


Here is a close up of my fabric thingies (I don't know what to call them) The pictures don't do the fabric justice. It's so cute and boyish.

Here is the cute bedding that my sister Avree gave me. It used to be her little boy's. In all honesty, I definitely would have splurged and bought my own crib bedding or had some made or something if I didn't always LOVE this bedding. It's so hard to find boy crib bedding I think!


Here is a close-up of the Etsy prints I got. They match the bedding perfectly and again, the pictures don't do them justice. They're so cute!


And here are my shelves of death... not because they are not properly hung and will fall on our heads while we rock, but because it took me 2 hours to hang them just right. They had to be level, even lengths from the corner, etc. It took all of my spacial brain capacity to do it. And seriously, it took 2 hours while Marin was at preschool and Kate played with the hammer (just kidding, but she threw several tantrums because she wanted to).

The end.

10 comments:

eric + ashlee said...

Way cute Cara. It is hard to start looking for boy stuff after the magical world of girlie. Good job! Where did you get those shelves by the way? I really like those.

Bill and Emily Grant said...

So so cute! I am so excited for this little boy to come! I love the fabric thingies! What a good idea! I can't wait to have my own house to decorate for my little ones!

Courtney said...

I love it! I'm glad you posted it, because I am nosy like that too :)

Seth and Kara Farnsworth said...

I am so glad you posted this. Avree told me that you had used Spencer's old bedding. She said your nursery was, quote, "way cuter than what hers was." And it is. Just kidding, I really love it though. Great ideas with the shelves and embroidery hoop fabric thingies. Also; did I see some land of nod bins? They're great aren't they?

Josh and Cara said...

How fun Cara! I just bought some white shelves like that for the twins room! I love looking at other peoples nurserys! I'm just finishing the last little touches of the twins room! It's so fun to finally get it all done! How sweet that you just sit in the rocking chair thinking of him!

Avree said...

It turned out so cute! I'm glad I could contribute but kind of jealous that you're a better decorater than me. I guess if I ever use that bedding again I'll have you decorate the rest of the room :)

Cara said...

Whatever Avree your room was super cute too. I stole your idea for the red shelves too. I probably should have given you credit for that, but I forgot. Also, Spencer's room now is darling!

Savanna said...

It is darling!! Good work. I'm with you I love to see what people do with their homes. I'm excited for you to have a boy. They are fun.

Dimond Blogger said...

It looks great Cara! I can't remember when you are due, but I know it is getting close. We can't wait to meet little Mitch, have you picked a name yet?

Jesika Harmon said...

Way cute Car! Love the bedding too! It's the perfect little boy nursery! (I dream about the day I can have a nursery for our newborn! Maybe by #4?)