Mitch had the birthday most any 32 year old can only dream of, ha ha. He worked from 5 a.m. to 6:45, which is not fun but necessary when your birthday falls during tax season, but we did have fun when he got home. We had pizza, ate cheesecake, opened presents, and then watched Tangled. This is the kind of rockin' party you have when you're a true DAD. I let our girls go to the Dollar store and pick out any 3 things they wanted to get Mitch. Kate didn't get it, so Marin picked them out. I tried to let her have total freedom. This is what she chose:
1. A hula hoop. (When I asked her if she thought daddy would really want a hula hoop she replied, "Yes, it's yellow. It's a boy color so he'll like it." And she really was excited to give it to him.)
2. Squirt guns.
3. A robot shield.
Here is a picture of "him" opening his presents.
I know Mitch is closing his eyes and looks funny, but Marin's face was so cute I had to post this. This is Mitch's raspberry cheesecake.
And here they are eating popcorn and watching Tangled (which by the way is a really cute show Mitch and I thought!)
So happy DAD birthday Mitch!
Friday, April 8, 2011
Happy DAD birthday!
Posted by Cara at 7:21 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Happy Birthday Mitch!!! Sounds like the girls picked out some awesome things. That is a fun idea to take the girls to the dollar store! Marin looks like she has grown a foot!! Can't wait to see you all in a month!
Wow there were two posts I was behind on. I have a lot to catch up on when I get home! Love the look on Mitch's face opening the presents and I love the piano! And I love the nursery! Can't wait for you to have a nice easy boy. I never appreciated how easy my boys were until I had Olivia. But maybe I have polished up my memory of how hard they were...
I love how excited your girls look over everything...and how un-excited Mitch looks. J/K, I'm sure he had fun.
Post a Comment