I am getting ornery in my old age. This is an e-mail I just sent to Gap:
I received this in an e-mail this evening:
"Recently, we notified you that we processed a return for Order #154YRTS. Please note that the return policy for merchandise purchased online is 45 days from the date of purchase. You’re a valued customer and we want you to be happy with the service we provide, so we have processed this return as a courtesy."
I just wanted to note that the reason for the return is that I was sent an item I did not order. I ordered some jeans for my daughter and was sent a "slim" size by mistake, so I exchanged them. I expect this situation to be an exception to the regular return policy in place. The order may have been made over 45 days ago, but I would not have had to return the item if I had not been sent the wrong one in the first place. Thank you for processing the return.
Sincerely,
Cara Moncur
I feel that I must explain. First I waited for Gap to ship me the right pants. It took forever. Then Gap sent me the wrong pants, and in order for me to exchange them I had to buy new ones and send the old ones back. By the time I got the new ones, it was right around Thanksgiving, so I sent them back when I got home from Wyoming. Apparently this process took more than 45 days. So I got this snotty little e-mail and I had to retaliate. Oh I'm so assertive* am I not?
*I think about 75% of the time "assertive" is code for grouchy :)

5 comments:
I've been missing your confessionals. What a weird email from the gap. Usually I never have the guts to respond, I just complain to Blake about it ;)
I don't see anything snotty or ornery about this. It was their mistake. Course I come from a mom who got rain checks from water parks (water parks don't give rain checks)! I go to bat whenever necessary on these kinds of things. Good for you.
Wow you are mean! I bet some sales associate at Gap is crying right now.
You are awesome! Perfect reply :)
I got one from them too saying that. And it was after I went to the store to try to return the pants but was told by the manager there that the item I was trying to return wasn't accepted at the stores. Well then now I have to get to the post office and we all know how fun that is. Gap, you suck.
Post a Comment