Sunday, May 24, 2009

His and Hers

LITTLE CARA


LITTLE MITCH


So I guess there's really something to that whole genetics thing. Mitch's genes totally kicked my genes' trash with Marin, but mine got even with Kate. Not only did Kate inherit my freakishly fast-growing and super hard fingernails and long finger-like toes, but she got the ol' double chin smile... trust me, she'll love me for passing that one on. But who better to coach her on how to lift her face to just the right angle to hide it than her mama? I've had years to practice-- if you don't believe me check this picture out....

This was shortly after giving birth to Marin. Notice the oh-so-subtle upward tilt of my chin? That is how we do it folks!

5 comments:

Courtney said...

Although I have never seen kate in person, I cannot believe how huge she looks in that picture compared to the last picture you posted of her. Love how you have mastered the head tilt. I too have to remind myself to "smile wide" in pictures, otherwise I smile this little crunched up smile that looks terrible. Ask Nicole, she's seen it.

Avree said...

Haha, I can't believe you posted that picture on your blog. Kate and Marin are both adorable, no matter whose genes they got! You and Mitch sure do make a nice baby!

Nicole said...

That picture of Marin is so dang cute! she looks like a big girl now. I am so glad you each get one of your very own. The third will be a mix.

Heather said...

So funny, Audrey is like Doug and Bethany is like me (or more like my sister, but..) And for the record, I saw you last week and you do NOT have a double chin, or even close to it. and you don't look good "for just having a baby" either. All of us women (myself included) can be so silly. You and your girls are beautiful.

eric + ashlee said...

Lucky for them they both are destined to be incredibly good-looking!