Saturday, May 16, 2009

Typo

Ha ha! I just read over my latest blog entry (yes, I read over my past entries) and I noticed that when I was talking about my mom making cinnamon rolls, I said "made by mom mom"-- what I meant to say was "made by MY mom." Just thought it was kind of funny, like I'd have some cheesy pet name for my mom like "mom-mom." Now I have to correct that, not that anyone probably really noticed, but I'm OCD about things like that...

For instance: awhile ago Marin had to have a stool softener added to her milk daily. Well I didn't want the pharmacist to think that I was buying the Miralax for me, so I casually asked,"Is there a kids Miralax or do they just use the adult one?" I know, like she cared but like I said, I'm a dork about stuff like that.

I also had to buy some Head and Shoulders for Kate today. She is getting that cradle cap thing and I asked her doctor about it and he said Head and Shoulders shampoo would take care of it. I had to totally explain this to the checker, a teenage boy who couldn't care less if the frumpy mom in line had a dandruff problem.

And this is my worst one... I hope this is not too much info., but the first time I bought lingerie I actually asked the clerk if my "friend" would be able to return it if "she" didn't like it. I know, lame. So there. Now you know that I don't call my mom "mom-mom" and I don't buy stool softeners or dandruff shampoo for myself and I never buy lingerie for myself, only my "friends".

9 comments:

Courtney said...

That made me laugh out loud! I am paranoid about stuff like that too, good to know I'm not the only one.

Seth and Kara Farnsworth said...

I didn't notice the typo, however, I did laugh a lot at this post. I liked the ingenious way of asking for kids miralax. Truly, brilliant. I used to hide it in the cart behind something else; I'm not as cunning as you are.

Nicole said...

You are so funny! I don't mind buying tampons anymore, but once I had a yeast infection and had to buy some monistat and that was embarassing. But I did not feel the need to make up an excuse about my friend with burning itching nether regions.

Karissa said...

You make me laugh Cara! Once I had to buy 2 bottles of milk of magnesia and 3 bottles of prune juice for Avalon Hills. If they hadn't given me a company check to pay with I would have just DIED! Can you imagine being the checker and seeing that (and ONLY that) come through your line? Also, that's where prescription miralax works wonders--I don't feel like I have to make excuses becuase they can read the name on the bottle and both of my kiddos have boy names! P.S. In case I haven't told you, Kate is beautiful!

Avree said...

Haha, wow I loved this post. I think I know where you get it, mom told me the first time she bought birth control, she felt the need to tell the pharmacist that she had just had a baby and that they were poor college students who couldn't afford to have another kid. I'm sure that reassured him she wasn't evil.

Tawnia Zilles said...

I love you Cara. You are so hilarious. I'm glad that there is someone out there like me. I do these same type of things all of the time.

Anonymous said...

You are hilarious! I had one of the girls at Persian Peacock try to call me out on the "friend" excuse. I WAS actually buying something for a friend but no matter how many times I told her that she kept acting like I was buying it for me. I suppose you are not the only one in Cache Valley who does these things.

Hunter Family said...

That's hysterical! I'm glad I'm not the only one who does things like that too. I had to buy that same stuff for Landry and was mortified thinking that the pharmacist would think I had 'a problem'

Josh and Cara said...

You just made me laugh so hard!! Thanks! I totally do the same thing!!!