Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Kate's Blessing

We blessed Kate on May 3rd and it was quite the weekend! We were so lucky to have lots of family come for the event. Mitch's sister EmRee and her family of 7 made the trek from Vail, CO (9 hours), his sister CaMee and her family of 8 made the trek from Wyoming (8 hours) and so did his parents. His brother AshLee and his family of 5 came from Idaho Falls (2 hours), and then of course my parents came from St. George (6 hours). Oh, and we can't forget Avree and her family who made the long trek from Smithfield (15 minutes). Kate is lucky to be so loved! Marin was in heaven playing with all of her cousins!


Our awesome friends Kyle and Lindy were able to let us use Lindy's family's condo at Bear Lake to house everyone. We hung out there all day Saturday and had a lot of fun, even though it was pretty rainy! The kids didn't let that stop them and they played outside for most of the time. Marin had so much fun and played so hard she fell asleep in her carseat before we were even finished loading up our car to go home. Thanks Arbuckles! We had a lot of fun, and my poor house wouldn't have even had enough floor space for all of us (oh, and since it was USU graduation that weekend there wasn't a hotel room available all the way to Ogden), so we owe you big time!


This is Mitch's oldest sister EmRee. You may notice a little family resemblance...


Here are some of the kids eating lunch at the condo. I overestimated a bit on the food and got enough for a small army! The kids in the Moncur family are quite energetic (am I right Nicole?) A still shot is practically impossible as you'll see in the next picture...


On Sunday we had a big brunch. Our church didn't start until 1:00 and since Mitch's favorite food is breakfast food we had cinnamon rolls (to die for! made especially by mom mom), biscuits and gravy (made my Mitch's mom, also to die for!), scrambled eggs, and tons of fresh fruit and fruit dip. The fruit dip and some juice were the only things made by me--score!

By the way, aren't my tulips gorgeous?


It was a very lovely day. How fun that this a tradition in our church and we get to have a big party every time a baby is born. Both of our families are so supportive and come a long way to be with us. We appreciate it so much! Nicole's family in Alaska and JanaLee's family in Texas were sorely missed! Avree had to be the stand-in for Nicole's family job of copying down the baby blessing in short-hand. Can't wait to see all of these guys in June for another Moncur family shindig!

5 comments:

Em said...

So much fun! She looks so beautiful in her blessing dress and your tulips do look amazing!

EmRee said...

I had to look at the picture of the other em to see if I already responded. (It wasn't me so here I go.) Thanks for the wonderful weekend. We loved it.

Nicole said...

Oh I am so homesick for all of you!! I did wonder who was going to write the blessing down, Thanks Avree! The cousins look as busy as ever (who is that with their own camera, was that Trent?) We are so excited for JUNE!!!
LOVE YA

Avree said...

I thought everything turned out so great for Kate's blessing. The breakfast was awesome! The Moncur family is a fun bunch.

Nicole said...

I was so caught up in how much I missed you guys and the whole chaos that is Moncur-ness and forgot to tell you how beautiful Kate looked! Truly she is gorgeous!