... or farm to be more precise. We just got home from visiting Mitch's family in Lovell, Wyoming. Whew! What a long 9-hour drive for Kate and Marin! Mitch's brother's family who live in Alaska decided to baptize their son Ethan in Lovell so all of his cousins could be there. All of Mitch's siblings and their families were there except his sister JanaLee's family in Texas. She's the one with the son named Bridger who is getting a bone marrow transplant soon, so we were very sad they couldn't be with us. It was a grand week packed with lots of fun. Marin loved playing with all of her cousins and she was very sad to leave! Here are some of the many many pictures we took:

These pictures were actually taken in Logan before we headed to Wyoming. This is Marin's cousin Olivia, Nicole's daughter. She and Marin are the same age and best buds. When Livvy moved to Alaska I told Marin she went on an airplane to get there, so Marin thinks Livvy lives on an airplane. When I told Marin we were going to see Livvy she said "Oh good, now she can get off that airplane!"
Rub a dub dub, 5 kids in the tub! Marin got to take LOTS of baths at the farm. These kids will really love this picture when they're teenagers!
For a long time there were not many girl cousins in the Moncur family... but the last 5 of 6 grandkids born have been girls. Here they are minus Kate. What cute girls!


The first day was beautiful and we got to go swimming at Mitch's Grandma's house up the road. I forgot my swimming suit, which I'm sure is a sign that I shouldn't be wearing one 3 months after having a baby. Here is how Mitch's mom, Nicole, and I participated in the swimming-- in the shade next to the pool.

The next morning at 7 a.m. we had a 5K "Walk for Bridger" to raise money for my nephew Bridger's upcoming bone marrow transplant. There were lots of friends, neighbors, and family to support the little guy. Mitch opted for the 1 mile walk with Marin on his shoulders. I carried Kate in the Baby Bjorn for the full 3 miles. She was the youngest participant in the 5K!
Next up, Ethan's baptism. It was such a nice event. This picture accurately captures Marin's behavior at the baptism. She was tired and just a bit (understatement of the year) naughty.
This is a castle that Mitch's mom saved from her school class' play. She is a family consumer science teacher at the high school and I believe this "princess castle" was from a theater unit they did. She saved this thing in her house for months so the girls could play in it. That's the kind of grandma she is. They loved it of course, and also had to eat their dinner in it!
Livvy, Marin, and CaMee's twins Preston and Benjamin. Marin and Livvy couldn't get their names straight, so they just called them their "friends."
Here are the kids playing in the sandbox. Mitch's dad was playing with them earlier but it got a little too crowded. Aren't my kids lucky to have such great cousins and grandparents?!
Here are 19 of 20 grandkids. Doesn't Kate look thrilled? Yes, Marin and Livvy are holding fly swatters, which they called "smackers" and wouldn't put down for days. We had to go buy Marin her own "smacker" as soon as we got home-- one that will never be used to kill flies since she occasionally puts her mouth on it (sick, I know).

On Monday, the boys went on a fishing trip. Mitch and his brothers are like little boys when it comes to playing. They love it! Mitch especially loves to fly-fish. He's pretty die-hard and even ties his own flies. Mitch and his brother have been e-mailing Google Earth links back and forth for weeks deciding where exactly to go. Looks like they picked a great spot. They all limited out early. That night we had a fish fry!
This cute idea is what the girls worked on while the boys were gone. The toes in front are Marin's.
I always knew I married into a great family, but I'm starting to appreciate them more and more as my girls grow up. As we were leaving, all of the cousins came out in a big group to wave good-bye and hug (well try to hug) Marin. She had this huge grin on her face. What a lucky girl! Thanks Moncurs for such a fun week!
Wednesday, June 17, 2009
Meanwhile, back at the ranch...
Posted by Cara at 7:03 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Those are such cute pictures! I love Marin's hair at the baptism, she looks so grown up! And I love Kate's face in the one with all the grandkids, I laughed out loud when I saw it! I think it's so fun that Marin and Livvy are so close in age, it reminds me of how we were with Emily Kaye. It looks like Marin had a blast!
I love those flip flops! I am filing that one away for when Brooke gets older. Marin and Olivia are so cute together, I'm glad they have such great cousins to play with.
i love marin's hair down! it looks so cute and SO LONG! i love it!
What a fun trip! Curtis' dad lives in Lovell :) I am proud to say i've been there and I actually like it! :) haha
I can't believe I missed your post. So much fun to get out of town sometimes!! I bet the cousins have so much fun all together. I'm so sorry about your nephew wow that is hard we'll keep him in our prayers!
Nicole and I were laughing about the EM that writes. I have looked at it at times and thought "Oh, I already responded to this." When of course it really wasn't me. However, I love the title and I envy that fact you've already documented the fun we had together.
Post a Comment