Thursday, June 4, 2009

A Miracle!

My good friend Heather Moore took our family pictures a few weeks ago and let me just say... she is a photography genius! The fact that she got even one shot of Marin smiling is amazing, let alone several. Marin was being such a stinker! She kept wandering off, putting her hands over her face, ducking her head, or climbing on the rocks-- anything BUT looking at the camera and smiling. I was starting to lose my patience and was basically telling her to "sit down and shut up!" but not quite in those exact words, which, surprisingly was not especially effective at getting her to smile. We had to call it quits a little early too because a random storm came through and started raining on us. I really thought we didn't even get ONE decent picture. I think Heather was a bit discouraged too. But as Heather got looking at the results on her computer, lo and behold, a nice family picture!

Marin thinks the Logan temple is a castle. When I first moved here I wasn't a huge fan of the temple because I have a special place in my heart for the St. George temple which is completely white. I thought it was weird that the Logan temple wasn't white. Now I love the Logan temple, probably because Logan is starting to really feel like home for me (since I have lived here for over 9 years).

This is a shot Heather wanted to do just to satisfy her artistic needs-- she really is super creative and a great photographer in my opinion. Anyway, Mitch and I couldn't keep a straight face because we're horrible at any serious-type pictures (you should see some of our wedding picture disasters). Anyhow, I still think this turned out super cool. Logan really is such a beautiful place to live!

Oh, and in case you wanted to blow up life-sized pictures of our family (you know you do), too bad! They are copyrighted, as you can see, so don't even think about it!

10 comments:

Em said...

Those are beautiful!

Rachel said...

wow! Cara you are so pretty! love your posts they keep me smiling!

Avree said...

I think these turned out so great! I was scared you wouldn't have any good ones after you got back from the shoot and told me Marin wouldn't be good even after being bribed with "Old McDonald's"!

Melissa said...

very cute! You look so good! Skinny! Your family is so cute!

Dimond Blogger said...

Those pictures turned out great!! Kate looks so cute. It will be fun to get our girls together.

val said...

cute. they look great. what a good lookin family.

Courtney said...

dang it! I really wanted a blow up picture of your family for my living room. oh well... I LOVE, LOVE the last pic of your family. Super cute. I'm sad that I won't get to see your cute baby in WY this weekend, one of these days we'll have to get them together. I'm sure they'll be great friends! =)

Karissa said...

Your family looks great, though I am disspointed that I can't print one out for my own home. Here's a link to the video of how to make the collages...Martha can explain things better than I can. http://www.marthastewart.com/article/petit-collage?video_id=0&autonomy_kw=petit collage

eric + ashlee said...

Those are great! I LOVE Kate's face in the first one. What a good looking family!!

Jesika Harmon said...

Gosh you look SO gorgeous! Your girls are darling and there is no way you had a baby only a few months ago!! WOW!! Such fun pictures!