Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Addendum to Below Posting

I am now accepting donations for a home gym. No, I didn't have any more embarrassing moments. I've been accident-free since last week! It was something worse. . . much worse. I was finished with my cardio workout and I ran into the locker room to put my headphones and water bottle away and BAM!!! There was a completely naked lady standing right in front of me! Who does that at the gym?! At least wear a towel, geez!! Of course, I was awkward about it. It caught me off guard so I audibly sucked in my breath and very conspicuously averted my eyes. How is one supposed to react in this situation anyway? I was not on the swim team or a high school football player (where my husband informs me they walked around naked in the locker room all the time and it wasn't a bit awkward) so this situation is foreign to me. I recovered from that and lifted weights for awhile. When I came back there was ANOTHER naked lady! I reacted in the same awkward way. It was traumatic. Anyway, like I said, I'm accepting donations to build a home gym, where no one will see if my pants happen to get sucked off by my treadmill (yes, this really happened to someone recently) and I will never, ever see a naked lady walking around.

7 comments:

Nicole said...

I hate to tell you, but naked ladies in the gym are not new. I took swim lessons at the YMCA when I was a little kid (and never have put my face in the water to blow bubbles) and there were always naked ladies walking around. It still makes for ackward scenery!

Seth and Kara Farnsworth said...

eeeew. Seriously, I have seen the horror of which you speak. I guess if it were a Victoria's Secret model or something I would understand her confidence, but from my experience it's ALWAYS a saggy, shriveled, larger version of an earlier better time.

Anonymous said...

Try going to the Sports Academy. There is a hot tub and a sauna inside of the women's locker room and access to the pool. People seem to take these women only amenities as an open invitation to turn our locker room into a nudist colony. It still freaks me out, and I still react in much the same way you did, and I still use one of the changing rooms every time I am there. Like Mitch, Steve just can not understand my awkwardness which makes me wonder, what exactly goes on in the men's locker room? I don't think I want to know.

Avree said...

I'm sorry you had to go through that. My first experience of this kind was at the HPER building at USU. I had an aerobics class twice a week and the same lady came strutting out every time I was changing after class, I trained myself to not look up.

A STAR is born said...

One of the best nights of my life was when my mom returned from some gym with a naked story. My poor mother was in the shower (with swimsuit) and glanced over to find she was within a foot of a naked obese lady who was bent over, retrieving some soap. Imagine the view.
This, my friend, is why I refuse to exercise.

Cara said...

I saw the same lady, same time naked again today. The best part was another girl walked in and her reaction was the same as mine-- she was all awkward about it too! If I went to the gym even 2 minutes later, she would probably be fully clothed by the time I finished my cardio. I think that may be a cheaper solution than building a home gym.

Jen said...

I feel your pain. There is no modesty in this very liberal town. I see it every time I'm at the gym and I always wonder if these middle aged women have ever heard of a razor.