Monday, April 14, 2008

Yet another posting this week. . .

We had a pretty great day on Saturday. It was the day we actually celebrated Marin's birthday since Mitch's brother, wife, and 3 kids were able to come up from Brigham City and her grandma (Mitch's mom) was here from Wyoming. It was a beautiful sunny day-- FINALLY!-- in Logan and Mitch was able to come home from work early (can I just say I hate tax season? Two more days and it's done, hooray!!!)

Olivia (Marin's cousin) was pretty excited to see Marin. Marin tolerates Olivia's hugs, she's just not the huggy type (wonder who she got that from)

We started off the day by blowing a few bubbles. . .

And then we went to a little local zoo

and the turtles and tortoises were Marin's favorite


And then we had a little pizza (Marin's favorite food). There's that smile again!

Then we opened a few presents

Olivia opened a few herself and Marin didn't know how she felt about that! This is her giving Olivia the evil eye. . .

And then we had some ice cream cake. We lit the candles several times because Marin had so much fun blowing them out!

All in all it was a birthday any 2 year old could be proud of!

8 comments:

Shawn, Hayley and Jack said...

Hey thanks for your comment, it meant a lot to me. I'm glad there are other people out there that think like me. Your little girl is so cute, her birthday party looked like fun. Isn't life so exciting with a little one.

Rachel said...

Hey Cara! thanks for sending me great notes on the blog, you are super cute and so is Marin! I too am glad for the sunshine lately! I work with lots of moms each day and i can't believe how depressing the weather can be for so many!! Well this is great that we can keep in touch through blogs, I am also glad that tax season is over for you so you can spend more time with your other half! Talk with you again soon!

Anonymous said...

Looks like fun! I am glad the weather cooperated. I went skiing yesterday and even got a sunburn but it felt so nice. Sometimes I wonder how we survive these Logan winters.

eric + ashlee said...

wow I can't believe it's been two years! I remember when you called and told me you were pregnant! So I got a blog, it's pretty boring since I just made it today, but for future it's ericnashlee.blogspot.com.

eric + ashlee said...

"about" is me, Ashlee, so I obviously am still getting the hang of this blog thing.

Avree said...

Cute pictures! I love it that she had to blow out her candles multiple times, she cracks me up!

Emily said...

Hey! I am a blog hopper and I found your blog, but don't ask me how....

Anyway, just wanted to say hi and tell you how cute your family is! I love the name Marin and she is a doll! I also love to "network" with fellow dietitians, how do you like the hospital?

Emily Fonnesbeck (woodland)

sav said...

she looks so cute.. i just love her little pig tails.. you look really cute too. is that one of your new shirts from forever 21?